Fatigue when cutting calories

Options
I have been really active lately and think I've finally broken out of my plateau. I was eating 1800 calories but finally started losing weight when I raised it to 2000. Seems like a lot, only lost about 1/2 a lb a week but I was energized and losing an inch here and there. I'm 27% body fat but look very lean considering. I'm honestly happy with my weight would just like to tone up a little.

Well yesterday I had a bad night, an ex told me 'I would never date anyone larger than you' so I decided to really kick start my weight loss. I decided to try turbo fire's inferno..:which is basically eating 1200 cals a day, 100 grams of protein and about 55 min of a class.

Well I'm suffering, not from hunger per se...from fatigue. After class I took a nap (which I only do a couple times a month) to hopefully get my mind off food and I ended up sleeping for three hours. Long naps aren't unusual for me but then I have trouble falling asleep at night. I've only been awake two hours and my eyelids won't stay open. I am currently taking my second break from the 55 min long workout just because I having trouble lifting my arms despite my heartrate being 130 at the most.

Any tips? The inferno plan is 5 days...I don't have any big plans these five days so I dont really have to function as wonderfully as I normally do but I would like the satisfaction of saying 'I've completed something!'

I had a high protein meal about 45 min before my workout...and two pieces of bread cause I thought some extra sugar could help. Surely this exhaustion isn't merely from the fact that I didn't have my daily soda today?

Replies

• Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The 1200 calorie is the issue... when you are burning this many calories you NEED fuel.. up your calories When I am running and doing P90x I have to up mine by about 200 to keep the tired feelings away.. go up in increments see where you feel improvement !!
    (you ex is an *kitten* by the way.. no excuse for the comment ) sheesh!!! Hang in there.. the best revenge is living well!!