Greek yogurt

Options

Replies

• thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Fage plain 0% yogurt with strawberries. Unfortunately for me, it's like candy. I eat several cups a day.
  • RachelGrace1
    RachelGrace1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    They all sound so good, thanks!! It is like dessert, but filling, I love it
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should try Fage, I've been eating nothing but chobani so far
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I add in half a cup of kashi go lean high protein cereal to my greek yogurt.or sometimes pumpkin puree.
  • emilydiehl08
    Options
    I love mine with pineapple!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds and berries! :)
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    a quarter of a scoop of protein powder, berries and granola
  • Sushifish87
    Options
    I love to mix Dannon Light N Fit Vanilla Greek (80cal) with Bare Naked Fit Triple Berry Crunch Granola (120cal) and Almond Butter (190cal) for a fast meal.

Sorry I don't snack so to lighten it to a snack probably only do one thing added vs both?
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    It's how I make my smoothies! :)

1/2C Greek Yogurt
    1 Banana
    1/2C Berries (whatever your heart desires)
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    splash of milk or almond milk

Yum!

Right around 300-350 calories.
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani.

I also freeze it and add fresh fruit and blend in my Vitamix for great frozen yogurt. Could possibly be done with other blenders by using yogurt that is slightly frozen.

Great summer treat..
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My fave is chobani plain, with 1 tbsp nutella and 1 tbsp chocolate chips mixed in. It comes to about 270 calories and it tastes AMAZING!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow. I didn't realize how lazy/boring my yogurt eating habits were until reading this thread LOL I usually cut up berries with my greek yogurt and top with organic granola. I will definately have to try some of these ideas sometime!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Nonfat greek yogurt is like protein powder. 22grams for like 100-120 cals, awesome food. I mix in granola bars and candy.
  • NeverTooLateJudy
    Options
    I've just recently discovered Light and Fit Greek Blends. 90 calories and 12 grams protein. My favorite flavors are Orange Cream, and Toasted Coconut. I add frozen blueberries and stir it up. It thickens enough to remind me of ice cream. :D
  • figomezzo
    figomezzo Posts: 29
    Options
    I put in either fruit like blackberries or strawberries or just some honey.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

5.) Mixed with feta, garlic, parsley, and lemon juice as a dip/sandwich spread

Awesome idea - I have mixed feta and greek yogurt for the topping for some ground chicken "souvlaki" burgers I made and it was great. Parsley and Lemon would have been perfect to add!

I love plain greek yogurt but I never use it for sweet things. I use it purely for savory dishes, pretty similar to how I would use sour cream in fact.

Other good savory uses for greek yogurt:

1. Mix it with hot sauce - great dip for anything.

2. Marinade for chicken.

3. Drain it for a couple hours through cheese cloth (yes imo this is a must for this) and then mix with some grated cucumber (squeeze out extra moisture), olive oil, garlic and salt a pepper - makes a great tzatziki sauce!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump-these all sound so yummy!
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My fave is chobani plain, with 1 tbsp nutella and 1 tbsp chocolate chips mixed in. It comes to about 270 calories and it tastes AMAZING!

Omg, going to have to try the nutella!!! I only eat the Fage 2% plain, but I think adding some nutella is a fantastic idea.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    if it is too sour for you then add a little honey in,or less cals is just the fruit with fruit jucie(natural fruit juice) and away you go! :bigsmile: