I want to start lifing weights but i dont feel comfortable since i am a girl?

Options
2»

Replies

• navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Most of the time, I found that the other people in the gym pretty much just do their own things. The gym I used only had Smith machines, though, so I did what I could with dumbbells, and then I eventually just got my own barbell and bench set for home. Now I only have to worry about the cats judging me.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Gymtimidation is 100% psychosomatic, and usually created by the one that feels inferior. When people lift, they are seriously just focusing on themselves, and their progress. If you are offended by their progress, then just get past it because I am sure they couldn't care less that you are a beginner. I am a guy, and I can only bench 160 lbs with the bar. But I can hit over 300 lbs on the leg press. We all have strengths and weaknesses. Just remember that most of them, at one point in their training, couldn't lift 100 lbs. Everyone has a starting point.
  • SaintsFanBob
    SaintsFanBob Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The four horse men of the apocalypse could ride through and I probably wouldn't notice unless they stopped in front of a piece of equipment I wanted to use lol

That sums it all up for me! I honestly had the same thoughts when I started running. "Am I running too slow? Is my form how it should be? Are other people watching me?" Then I met a group of runners training for a marathon and started talking to a few people and they said when they she someone running (regardless of their form or speed) they think "hey, threy are doing it at least". That gave me more confidence and now I can smile at every other walker/jogger/runner I pass on the trial! Go in there and do your thing and people will respect the fact that you are showing up in the first place! GO FOR IT!