Calorie loss for Jillian Micheals Banish Fat Boot Metabolism work out?

Hello all!
Does anyone have any idea what the calorie burn for the Jillian Micheals Banich Fat Boost Metabolism might be?
Even just a ballpark estimation would be brilliant!
I do this 4 times a week (unless I'm having another "month off") and would love to know why I'm not shedding lbs...
Thanks
X

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Probably a lot less than you think. Is it like circuit training? How long do you do it for? It'll depend on your weight as well, but rough guess I'd say 150-200 for a 30 minute circuits session.

You're not shedding pounds because of what you're eating.
  • Foxhollow2015
    Foxhollow2015 Posts: 4 Member
    It's a 50 min session, can I assume it's about 300 calls then?
  • Foxhollow2015
    Foxhollow2015 Posts: 4 Member
    *cals.
  • Candyy__sma
    Candyy__sma Posts: 4 Member
    I just finished 36 minutes of BFBM and according to my HRM, I burned 316 calories. I'm sure I'd burn at least another 100-150 in the last 15-20 minutes! Hope this helps :)
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    I just finished 36 minutes of BFBM and according to my HRM, I burned 316 calories. I'm sure I'd burn at least another 100-150 in the last 15-20 minutes! Hope this helps :)

HRMs only approach accurate caloric estimates for a narrow range of steady state cardio activities. Interval based workout DVDs are not a category of exercise that HRMs can accurately estimate caloric burn for.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2015
    Probably a lot less than you think. Is it like circuit training? How long do you do it for? It'll depend on your weight as well, but rough guess I'd say 150-200 for a 30 minute circuits session.

You're not shedding pounds because of what you're eating.

This^

Yes - it's circuit training (the vast majority of Jillian DVDs are).........
    https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jillian-Michaels-Banish-Fat-Boost-Metabolism-DVD-p/856.htm

HRM's aren't designed for circuit training