Looking for online fitness "buddies"

Options
I'm always curious what kind of excercises do you do to achieve your goal.. (Gym, or home)

and what excercises really have a big effect on your body. :)

And ofcourse what keeps you motivated :smiley:

My motivation is my wife and son, but the biggest one is me... I told myself.. no more cheating with food! Now do what you must do to achieve that sixpack! ;)

Peter

Replies

• mcmorrow33
    mcmorrow33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For me, it's my clothing- if it's too tight it ain't right!! Knowing that I look and feel comfortable in myself though B)
  • PeterBoon36
    PeterBoon36 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Haha that's indeed a good motivator.. :)

But this time..For me it must also look good without the shirt... and that's difficult.. but i will get there!
  • gottabethin22
    gottabethin22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've recently joined the gym and it feels great so far. My best exercise is walking and the PHOTOS keep me motivated when I do look good in them.
  • PeterBoon36
    Options
    Do you also noticed when you workout icw good food schedule.. that it goes faster and more constant?
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I just switched my routine up, moving from a 5 day split (+1 cardio day) to 5-6 day a week Crosstraining (with accessory lifting to be added). Check out my Profile for what, why, and when.

I'm always looking for new friends who are into fitness. I'm on MFP multiple times a day and love sharing information on workouts and results. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    To achieve my goals:

Brisk walking 3 - 5+ miles a day help me with my endurance, it's low impact and it gives me energy/relieve stress. Sometimes I go at a steady pace (LISS), do intervals or on my active rest day I just walk normally.

Lifting 3 - 4 days a week keeps me strong, my body tight and things "lifted".

Pilates/stretching workouts helps me with balance and flexiblity.

Jump roping helps me with my hand-eye coordination and agility plus it's a great total body warm up.

Edited to add: Body weight work such as planks, walking lunges, push-ups, one-leg tricep dips, pull ups etc. are also great.

This balanced workout combination has helped me reach my goal size 2 years ago. My workouts aren't strenuous, but still gives me great results.

What keeps me motivated is going shopping new clothes, looking at old photos when I was obese, being in perfect health with no medications and most importantly the way I feel, which is incredible! :)

Good luck OP!
  • PeterBoon36
    Options
    Good to see how different people train on different ways! :)

I must say that i go to the gym 4 to 5 times a week and once a week i'm on the racing bycicle.

I have since this week the Polar M400 sportwatch and icw MFP and the Polar Flow App.. it's so incredible motivating!

I lost this week 1 pound bodyfat.. and that's also my goal to loose it per week.

the last kilo's are hard.. i want to get that sixpack.. ;)

And indeed.. train hard and eat healthy! :)