Calorie burn for p90x

I just got the hrm strap for my garmin watch. I am a runner and I do cross training 2x per week. Yesterday on a 5 mile tempo run the monitor said I burned 455 cal (ok map my run said 521 but I am going with the hrm). So today I did 25 min on the elliptical and the machine said 227 and the watch said 200, pretty close. But for the p90x plyometric 59 min workout map my run said 802 cal and the watch said 296. That is a pretty big difference. I went with the 296 but because I eat many of my exercise calories back for my training (I don't want to loose right now) I want to make sure that is right. Just such a huge difference!

Replies

• badbradclark
    badbradclark Posts: 47 Member
    if you use mapmyrun/mapmyfitness for p90x workouts, it will use a generic "calisthenics" workout to estimate calories. That assumes that you are doing that exercise for the whole time. Since the p90x workouts have different levels of intensity for their workouts and have breaks, you aren't actually doing it the whole time. I would trust your hrm for that one instead.