Quitting smoking AND lose weight?!

Options
hey everyone - I've been smoking for over 10 years and in the journey to a healthy lifestyle throughout the years, smoking was almost counter productive: if I lost weight I was still smoking, and if I quit smoking, I would gain weight. Has anyone had any success with quitting and losing weight simultaneously? Any advice welcome!!

Replies

• Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I quit smoking first and now I'm losing weight. START VAPING RIGHT NOW. Go to your closest DEDICATED vape shop and pick up a 50-100 dollar setup. get some tasty juice and never look back. Don't bother with that gas station garbage. I suggest something like the I stick 20-30 watt and a nautalis mini tank... look em up. After the upfront cost vaping is a lot cheaper than smoking.

I used to smoke almost a pack a day of newport 100s for nearly 10 years myself. I started vaping and never picked up another analog (cig). i gradually lowered nicotine levels and now I'm no longer addicted to nicotine. I still puff from time to time but I have no cravings. Don't listen to all of the Big tobacco and Big medicine disinformation out there. There is no evidence that vaping is harmful. I'm sure it isn't good for you by any means but when you look at all of the chemicals in cigs and how much they add to make them more addictive it's worth it.
  • cassandrawiggins
    cassandrawiggins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have quit smoking several times and always started back after a few months. I went to the vape shop 3 days ago and haven't smoked a cigarette since I had it. I love that I dont smell like smoke and I can smoke in my home. I think vaping is a great way to stop smoking.
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have quit smoking several times and always started back after a few months. I went to the vape shop 3 days ago and haven't smoked a cigarette since I had it. I love that I dont smell like smoke and I can smoke in my home. I think vaping is a great way to stop smoking.

That's awesome! I'm always happy to see others that Vape. My mom a smoker of probably 30 years (stopped while she carried me though) started vaping the same time I did (I didn't know at the time) and she hasn't smoked a cig since either. I've been trying to get others around me to switch but it's so hard. Plus all of the misinformation out there gets the uninformed to believe that vaping is bad.
  • laynelayne
    laynelayne Posts: 6 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I'm always happy to see others that Vape. My mom a smoker of probably 30 years (stopped while she carried me though) started vaping the same time I did (I didn't know at the time) and she hasn't smoked a cig since either. I've been trying to get others around me to switch but it's so hard. Plus all of the misinformation out there gets the uninformed to believe that vaping is bad.

This is so good to hear!!! I'm def gonna look into vaping. Thank you for sharing your experiences!!!!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking cold turkey at the same time I started dieting. Also started losing weight just fine.
  • Lauramae980
    Lauramae980 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I looked up this thread because I have been quitting smoking and gained 5 pounds in 1 month. I'm 5'1 and originally joined this site for my wedding. I maintained my weight and got into what I thought was a good rhythm last year. On 9/26 this year I quit smoking and now, lest than month later, not only am I back up to what I was last year before monitoring weight, but last Saturday I barely fit into my jeans. My big jeans.

The thing is...I am vaping. I have e-cigs and refills. Nice stuff. I have nicotine in them. Started higher and am lowering the levels. But I was told nicotine was the appetite suppressant. So, I am concerned that when I go totally off nicotine I'm going to gain more.

I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life. Joined a gym and am counting calories again.
  • Bud_
    Bud_ Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I used to be 40/day but now use gum and lozenges - not a problem.