Here we go again... Meal replacement shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary. I also have a fairly busy life and i have meals that are quick and easy to take to work
  • Ashleygrand86
    Ashleygrand86 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use Juice Plus... It costs me £32.50 a month and completely natural. Of all I have tried I love this.

I've also tried: Slim fast - didn't like the texture
    Cambridge - didn't like texture or flavour.

For me if I don't have a shake at breakfast I don't have a breakfast. I know some people say prepare the night before but working shifts can leave my routine a little bit hectic. It's quicker to chuck it all in my blend active and go! X
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I use Ideal Shape, I only but the choc and vanilla flavors. Some mornings its shake mix, pb2 some ice cubes and skim milk in my shaker cup. The price and taste are both great.

I'm on my second week with the Ideal Shape Meal Replacement Shakes. (about $1.50 per mael replacement) Have both the Vanilla and the Mocha. In the morning mix the vanilla with a banana, or apple, 1/3 cup oats, 1 cup orange juice. Into a blender, drink it while watching the morning unfold in my backyard while the puppy is taking care of some personal business. The plain mocha, mixed in the provided blending cup for lunch. Tastes good, leaves you felling full but not bloated. Having trouble getting enough calories. Seems to make calorie counting a little easier. 5 smaller meals a day, seems to work for now. 2 Pounds in the first week, second weigh in is Sunday morning. Trousers are getting loose! :-)
  • workmss
    workmss Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fail to plan...plan to fail. To be committed to a weight loss plan requires careful planning to deal with our typical crazy schedules as wives/mothers.

For me and my family..we will cook our bulk meals on sundays. So we'll cook up a big batch of chicken breasts on the grill and I'll portion those out into containers with side items and we will use those for lunches at work during the week. Or I might cook what I call meatloaf muffins..your basic lean meatloaf receipe using a muffin pan to make smaller easy portion-sized meals..put with a side and bam..lunch meals for the week.

For breakfast quaker oats as a weight control protein oatmeal..2 minutes in the microwave and you have a healthy meal option. I also use EAS carb control protein shakes from walmart or I'll cook up some egg whites and toast.

So think about doing some planning ahead and making some meals ahead so that all you have to do is grab them and go from the fridge. Good luck.

Stef
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I like the strawberry EAS Carb Control protein shakes. You could always just put a box of nature valley granola (or something similar) in the car so you don't have to take time out to fix something.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Quest bars.
  • mwilliams0818
    mwilliams0818 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been using Vega One All-In-One shakes. Its much cheaper to buy online, but you can get smaller containers at Kroger if you want to try it. I prefer the chocolate flavor with dark chocolate almond milk instead of water. I use a blender bottle to make a shake for lunch on the days I don't have time for a full meal.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    GNC has a total lean shake, looks similar to herbalife so maybe give that a try? For a meal replacement you want something with vitamins in it too not just protein. Be sure to look for "all in one" shakes. GNC may give you a sample to try, wouldn't hurt to ask, haven't tried myself personally.
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I tried the total lean...yuk yuk yuk!! I am using ideal shape..really a good price for the quality. I do the choc or vanilla..both are good even without adding tons of stuff to it!! I do line to put the PB powder for extra protein and it really does give it a good flavor!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    140 grams of strawberries, 8oz milk, a handful of spinach, strawberry protein powder and a scoop of greek yogurt. Make a bunch and freeze them for future use. Voila.
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    GNC Total Lean Shakes.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    FWIW, I go through phases where I eat breakfast. Lately I've been hungry in the mornings, so I've been having:

1/2 banana
    1/2 scoop vanilla body fortress whey isolate
    14 g spinach (frozen or fresh)
    6 oz whole milk
    (2 oz crystal light lemonade, optional -- actual lemon makes the milk do weird things, IMO)
    (1 scoop sugar free orange-flavored fiber, optional -- again, actual orange doesn't mix with milk, IMO. I'll also used unflavored fiber or ground flax seeds, but flax adds more fat and calories)
    (or instead, add frozen mixed berries)
    ice cubes
    250-275 calories

Orange, lemon and banana probably sounds gross, but I have a sweet tooth in the morning, and the sweet and tart seems to help me not reach for a muffin. And the fiber, protein and fat satisfies my hunger for at least 3-4 hours. ~22 net carbs, so not a huge blood sugar spike, but enough to help me recover a little after my morning work out.