Need a Batch of New Friends

Options
Hi, MFPers!

I've been a member of MFP for a while, but am recently rejoining and "renewing my commitment" to myself. (I hate cliché phrases like that, don't you??)

Anyway, I went through and deleted old MFP friends who, like myself, had not logged in for a really long time, and now I don't have very many. I would like to add some more, so let me introduce myself:

I'm Shelly and I live in Texas with my husband, step-son, and cat. I first joined MFP in 2011 and lost a lot of weight, until I gained it all back after an accident. And then some. And then some more after that. Fast forward a few years to August of last year, and I had ballooned up to nearly 280 pounds. That was unacceptable to me!

I started losing weight slowly but surely. I joined Noom Coach and have had some success with that, but then I found a jewel in Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book, Eat to Live. It advocates a vegetarian lifestyle. I don't like being "labeled" a vegetarian, because I still cheat from time to time, but I am following a mostly-vegetarian diet. I have lost 8 pounds just since the first of the month!

Anyway, add me! I'm very supportive and will provide you motivation and humor along the way!

Replies

• KPC0629
    KPC0629 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back! I've also read Eat to Live, and it (along with a handful of documentaries, books, and research) have totally changes my eating habits, though I've had a stressful few weeks and have been helping myself to too any treats as of late. Would love to add some accountability friends!
  • flaviadonadelli
    flaviadonadelli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have always struggled to control my weight, with ups and downs. Entering my diet here at MFP, gives me a sense of calmness and control, particularly now that I am in Italy for a few months, eating as crazy. Having friends to cheer for and to be accountable to will be very helpful indeed!
  • Marylisa50
    Marylisa50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Mary Lisa and I love sugar....
    (Feels kind of like AA ) I need help. 3 really bad days and 2 last week. Cookies and anything chocolate. I started 3 weeks ago lost 7 but afraid to weigh again for fear I have gained. I just love sugar and hate myself for it most days.
    Need words of wisdom.

• _Chack_
    _Chack_ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie a week into my quest to lose 200! Look forward to finding a nice routine and making this thing stick. :)
  • TristaOnTrack
    TristaOnTrack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly! My name is Trista and I can't totally relate about losing weight and then putting it back on. I had lost nearly 100 pounds maybe 10 years ago. Over the years though, it has gradually come back on to where I have gained about half of it back. So now I'm here, ready to make a change! Feel free to friend me, we can encourage each other!
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Marylisa50 wrote: »
    Hi my name is Mary Lisa and I love sugar....
    (Feels kind of like AA ) I need help. 3 really bad days and 2 last week. Cookies and anything chocolate. I started 3 weeks ago lost 7 but afraid to weigh again for fear I have gained. I just love sugar and hate myself for it most days.
    Need words of wisdom.

Oh my gosh I think we were twins separated at birth..lol I have been on this journey since last August and have cut sugar and chocolate mostly out of my life. Although I don't completely deny myself a treat now and again. Especially if it's a celebration and there is cake :smile: But I know that once I start eating sugary treats its hard to stop again. And I really feel so much better when I limit them. I try to just have a piece of fruit or if I really want chocolate a few dark chocolate chips usually helps.
  • WantBestME
    WantBestME Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I am vidya.. I'm married n have a son.. I am in my last mile of weight loss journey,... 10 lbs to go.. Feel free to add me...

I have also sacrificed chocolates.. There are 3 bars of chocolates ( given by my friends) sitting idle in my handbag !!But sugar is something i can't get rid of completely - so i consume around 2 tsp of sugar daily !!
  • weightxlossjourney
    weightxlossjourney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Celia. I live in Nebraska with my boyfriend I'm 19 years old and have too been on MFP for awhile as well as renewing my commitment. I have lost 40 lbs since I started but am back on track to gain it back the way I've been demotivated lately. (Nooooo!) lol I'd love to make new friends on here as I've deleted the inactive ones as well and have room for plenty new ones!!!
  • emk75
    emk75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Emily. I'm in South Carolina with my husband and two daughters. I've been gaining and losing the same 20 lbs for years. While seeing my weight climb to 230 should have been my wake up call, the real one was seeing my family inherit my bad habits. I've realized that I'm where this journey has to start and I have vowed to commit to healthy lifestyle. I too, would love to make some new friends here to help stay motivated!
  • Chicasonamission
    Chicasonamission Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in need of new active friends too.