Looking for the bright side

Options
Hi MFP family! I am in need of some motivation to keep going. I've been logging in for the last 15 days and lost 2.7 lbs within the first 10 days. I take spin class 4 times a week, run around the park on my days off and always eat below my suggested caloric intake. I feel great, but seeing my numbers go up is a total bummer. Is this part of the process? Has this happened to you, but you have broken thru? I need a little insight into this journey.
Thanks, each of you inspire me
J

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    my recommendation is to eat the minimum and half the exercise calories back.
    mfp already has you eating a deficit. you don't need to math on your own.

I went down, and got stuck, and then down and then stuck. and I'm currently going down again. weight loss is not linear. there are ups and downs. day to day, week to week. look for overall trends.

also 15 days is not a lot of data. keep eating at a deficit and your weight will trend down
    and you don't need to exercise to lose weight. you just need a deficit. which can be made solely in the kitchen.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You need to be able to interpret the figures. Soemtimes numbers can increase by 1-5lb a day as the body just fluctuates naturally. You arent really gaining weight in the medium to long term its just water retention the fact you have just eaten etc. Knowing theres a reason, should stop uoi panicing.

You are doing well be consistent and be at a deficit and you will lose over time in proportion to the deficit. Keep in mind about 1lb a week as a rule of thumb for a rate of loss and to give you an idea how long it might take. So 45lbs could be 45 weeks, the point is 15 days v 45 weeks shows you how long you will need to be focused for and thats why you should be patient.