For those that wake up early, how do you get yourself up?

Options
WorkInProgress909
WorkInProgress909 Posts: 271 Member
edited August 2015 in Chit-Chat
I struggle waking myself up, if I intend on waking up early there are times when I sleep through my alarm and turn it off in my sleep without even realizing it.
I would like to have a schedule where I wake up very early and get things done earlier in the day but I can't seem to get myself consistently awake that early.
Any suggestions, how do some of you do it?

Replies

• fatgirlclub
    fatgirlclub Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I had that problem in the beginning too, it will eventually get better in time. Just try to go to bed early so you get plenty of sleep. :)
  • SurelyShannon
    SurelyShannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just have everything ready to go so I don't have to think in the early a.m. You eventually adapt to the new schedule. I wake up at 4:05 am even when I don't set an alarm now.
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to get used to waking up in the morning (I get up usually around 5:30am) and I do the same thing, rolling over and shutting off the alarm. I use my phone now because I can set multiple alarms (6 total every 3 mins). Using different sounds in the alarm also help pull me out of sleep. Also, another good one is set the source of the alarm away from the bed so you have to get up to shut it off and don't lay back down once you get up.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    You just do it. Blast your alarm and when it goes off, don't turn it off and just get up. Go to bed at a reasonable time.
  • NJDad
    NJDad Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Used wake up at 4am. You just got used to it. I made sure I had a solid workout in the morning so by the end of the day I was exhausted and passed out by 9pm.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I try to get to be by 8 pm each evening and set my alarm for 4 am most mornings for a early run -- if it's not a run day I can get up at 4:45 instead
  • GSixZero
    GSixZero Posts: 48 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    As many alarms as my iPhone allows. I also set an alarm on my work phone and set it across the room so I have to get out of bed to turn it off.
  • CTnicktellis
    CTnicktellis Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I don't get many hours of sleep and often go to bed late even though I have to get up early. I set alarms on two separate phones with varying times and I set my fitbit which vibrates to wake me. It works pretty well and is less starling than the phone alarm.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You just do it. Blast your alarm and when it goes off, don't turn it off and just get up. Go to bed at a reasonable time.

I wish it was that easy.. Not an ounce of thought goes into turning the alarm off, I do it automatically in my sleep. And then when I wake up I realize what I did.

put your alarm across the room so you have to get up to turn it off.
  • EmpireApple
    EmpireApple Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    special messages from @katnroyal1987
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options

This I get up at 5 two days a week for my circuit class and on Saturdays I have track at 7:30. It was a struggle for about the first month but now I tend to wake up before the alarm goes off. And I set one alarm at 5 and a second at 5:05 just in case.
  • CTnicktellis
    CTnicktellis Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I don't get many hours of sleep and often go to bed late even though I have to get up early. I set alarms on two separate phones with varying times and I set my fitbit which vibrates to wake me. It works pretty well and is less starling than the phone alarm.

I was already considering getting a fitbit this makes me want it more

I have a Charge HR. I'm very satisfied with my purchase so far. It's good seeing my daily activity and HR/recovery during workouts. The alarm is a bonus! You can also sync your phone with this model and it will show incoming calls.