6 tbsp. natural yogurt (I use low fat)

Sauce

1 tbsp. sunflower oil
2 medium onions, chopped fine then blended to a rough paste once cooked
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 tbsp. tikka powder
2 tbsp. tomato purée
2 tsp. caster sugar
1 tsp. salt ( if you prefer no salt then leave this out)
350ml cold water
2 tbsp. single cream (again I use low fat)

*Serve with your choice of rice, brown, basmati or even home made sweet potato wedges!

Heres what you need to do:

1. To add full flavour to your chicken, the day before mix all the marinade ingredients together well in a bowl.. It's worth it believe me! If your short on time you can do this on the same day you are serving.

2. Chop your chicken breast fillets into large chunks and add them to the marinade and stir well to combine. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight. If making your marinade and chicken on same day as serving, refrigerate for at least an hour or two.

3. Now it's time to make the sauce.. Heat the 1 tbsp. oil in a sauce pan and fry your onions, garlic and ginger, on a gentle heat. Do so for about 10 minutes and stir every so often. Once cooked remove from heat and allow to cool for a while then pop all of your fried ingredients into your blender and give them a good blitz until a rough paste forms.

4. Pop your paste back into your saucepan on a gentle heat. Now add the tikka powder and cook for 2 minutes, then squeeze in the tomato purée and add the sugar and salt. Fry for another 30 seconds or so, while stirring constantly.

5. Pour the cold water into the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat and set aside.

6. Take a frying pan, heat a little drop of oil for the chicken and fry the marinaded chicken chunks over a medium-high heat until they begin to turn brown.

7. Pour your masala sauce in on top of your cooked chicken, followed by the cream and cook on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or so, until the chicken is cooked through.

8. Serve up with your favourite rice or homemade wedges and enjoy!

Replies