Getting Started Again....

Options
sreimer07
sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
Hi everyone! I've been here before and had a pretty good run. I had lost 60 lbs and had gotten down to 210. Unfortunately life happened I got married, lost my job, moved, so I've gained back 45 lbs of that. I decided today is that day that changes!

Replies

• judikahler
    judikahler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sreimer07 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've been here before and had a pretty good run. I had lost 60 lbs and had gotten down to 210. Unfortunately life happened I got married, lost my job, moved, so I've gained back 45 lbs of that. I decided today is that day that changes!

Congrats on decided to make a change! I am very excited for you! I also have dealt with that weight roller coaster. Let me encourage you that YOU CAN DO IT! It will take hard work, determination, and persistence...but you can do it!

What have you planned to do to change your eating and exercise habits?
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i did the same thing, had a great loss, felt great, lost my mind gained most of it back. we did it once, we can do it again! i am here for you
  • sreimer07
    Options
    I agree lindainprogress! We can do this again.

• sreimer07
    Options
    judikahler wrote: »

Congrats on decided to make a change! I am very excited for you! I also have dealt with that weight roller coaster. Let me encourage you that YOU CAN DO IT! It will take hard work, determination, and persistence...but you can do it!

Judi, I went and got batteries for my elliptical so i can stop using it not having batteries as an excuse. I also stopped at the store on my way to work and grabbed healthy stuff to have that the office to eat rather then the unhealthy snacks we have here at work. As long as I have healthy food around I'll choose that over something unhealthy anytime of the day. It was just not making the conscious effort to have it around.
  • judikahler
    judikahler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    judikahler wrote: »

Judi, I went and got batteries for my elliptical so i can stop using it not having batteries as an excuse. I also stopped at the store on my way to work and grabbed healthy stuff to have that the office to eat rather then the unhealthy snacks we have here at work. As long as I have healthy food around I'll choose that over something unhealthy anytime of the day. It was just not making the conscious effort to have it around.

sreimer07, That is great! I know that, when I started my current weight loss journey, I had a support system in place. We checked in with each other every day. That in itself took me so much further than I would have imagined! Not only did I have people to keep me accountable with eating and exercise but I also had the emotional support.