Just getting started but need advice :(

Options
RTH65
RTH65 Posts: 5 Member
hi all,

So I'm currently a uni student and I'm incredibly overweight. I'm a UK size 14/16 and I'm really struggling with my diet.

As I'm from a South Asian background I'm really used to flavoursome food and rice is a staple source. I don't know whether reducing my carb intake is the best way to go as i have a lot of fat around my stomach and my love handles are gross! I just want to reduce them but I don't know how.

Food, I love it too much and i don't know how I can maintain my love for my mothers delicious curries and other flavoursome food but also lose weight. Does any have any tips for me? What's worked for you in terms of diet? And what is your exercise regime like?

Thank you! :)

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I eat rice several times a week. I just cut back a bit. Instead of a whole cup of rice I aim for a half a cup. 1/2 cup of rice is about 100 calories. You don't need to limit carbs unless a doctor tell you to do so. You just have to burn more calories than you eat.

I feel your pain though. Asian food is the tastiest in the whole wold. I had bibimbap for lunch yesterday and sadly only ate half the rice they gave me. But I made sure it was the crispy bits at the bottom of my stone bowl.

You can't "spot reduce" fat. It all comes down to burning more than you consume and eventually adding in some exercise for health.