5 months down 50 lbs

Options
I started my journey weighing in at 295 lbs. People ask why and who am I losing weight for, I have no real health issues and my family and friends have not asked me or told me that I should lose weight. I have a loving husband and 5 wonderful children, but they are not the reason I have chose to get healthy. I have decided to love myself, I have decided it was time to start taking care of myself, I have decided that I am worth this journey and I deserve to be the best that I can be. I still have a long way to go, but I am getting there. I am 5 months in and I am now 244 lbs and in a size 18 pant and a 1xl/xl in tops. When I started I was in a size 26 pant and a 4xl/5xl in tops. ckkbhp8i9yzd.jpg
63cac1swac2n.jpg
885rrrg7k929.jpg

Replies

• faberallison
    faberallison Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • sebring2008ks
    sebring2008ks Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good job !
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    That's outstanding. Great work!
  • SparkyTinman
    SparkyTinman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that is a great difference! Way to go for doing this for you - not sure it ever sticks if you are doing it for someone else so you have your priorities in order! I can't wait to see the next post! Totally inspiring because I have 100+ to lose but Seeimg you I could be half way there in 5 months!!! Well done!!!
  • mishshell2015
    mishshell2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow...that is awesome...your hard work is paying off
  • mishshell2015
    mishshell2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started and my goal is to lose 50lbs...I will accept all useful tips
  • suzettedees
    suzettedees Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. You look wonderf
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    WTG!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Go you good thing!
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see the next post! Totally inspiring because I have 100+ to lose but Seeimg you I could be half way there in 5 months!!! Well done!!!

You can do this, I have another 104 pounds to go, feel free to add me as a friend. This journey is hard at first but so worth it.
    AND thank you everyone for all the kinds words, I almost started crying when I was posing for pics today.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    We're the same size. I just lost to 236.8 but I sat at 244.5 for 3 months. I just got a size 18. Congratulations..btw we both have 5 kids too.
  • cpower4604
    cpower4604 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Way to go! So inspiring!
  • khadijah178
    khadijah178 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!keep it up!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!