Pre Diabetic Need a lifestyle Change

Options
Ebonee8
Ebonee8 Posts: 3 Member
Hello,
I'm 34, female just learned I'm pre diabetic. I need to make some longterm changes. Looking for supportive friends to travel the journey.

Replies

• ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    heading in the right direction, eat healthy & lose weight. I'm also prediabetic & am hoping to hear good news at my next dr's appointment. Weigh your food & log it accurately, i'm still working on that & most likely will for a while lol. Down almost 40 pounds
    welcome to MFP
  • PattiWalling
    PattiWalling Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I understand long term changes.

I tend to get long-winded so I'm just going to blurt out the bottom line of what I want you to know. I hope you will make your decision to get lean and healthy based on a desire to get lean and healthy and not out of fear of sickness and disease. I have learned I need positive goals, positive reasons for the changes I've made and not changes because of "fear" (I totally understand diabetes will come upon you if you ignore the situation so I'm truly not making light of that at all). You want to work TOWARDS a goal and not AWAY from a goal. More TOWARDS lean and healthy than AWAY from diabetes.

If you want your changes to last the rest of your life then realize it is going to take time. Oftentimes, or at least for me, fast changes didn't last. This time has been so different because it's been a lot of little changes that have added up to big results.

Best of luck to you. Feel free to add me and I will encourage you all that I can!

Patti
  • charleygirl0418
    charleygirl0418 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I understand being in that kind of a position. 2 years ago I was sick in so many ways and I hurt everywhere but then I found my calling in life and have never looked back but to see how far I've come. I decided to do beachbody programs and started with the hardest one (not something I recommend) and have been doing beachbody programs ever since. They is ha e one called project you that deals with people who have or are pre diabetic. They are great and if you have any questions I could help you out.
    Charley
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I was prediabetic too but my blood glucose is normal now with dietary changes. I went very low carb with high healthy fats; I basically followed Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solutions. It's a good book for diabetics looking to reduce their carb intake and blood glucose.

Good luck!
  • Ebonee8
    Ebonee8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will check on that book!