Anyone else getting into Aquafit?

Options
Hey everyone! I joined the local YMCA recently and am really loving the facilities - especially because they have a pool and I've loved to swim since I was a kid! (I got out of it for years mostly from feeling too self-conscious) Anyway, I started going to Aquafit classes 3-4x a week because I'm really enjoying how fun it can be! I swim and weight train as well but this is a good workout without really seeming like it.

Only thing is I'm definitely the youngest and most active person there. Awkward, haha.

Anyone else like doing that for exercise?

Replies

• chey282
    chey282 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've started doing water aerobics again after several yrs of not doing them. You get a great workout, you just gotta watch out, in my classes the ladies love to chat and that can be very distracting from a giving it your all workout. I've just finished a set of classes that were 5 days a week and actually quit losing, I'd backed off my out of water gym time and it seems to have made a difference. But, water is a great workout for many reasons!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for over 6 years. If I don't get around to doing anything else, I do that. Yes, it is fun, friendly, and a deceivingly good work out. Mine is drop in so it runs the whole gamut of ages 18-80+ of both sexes.
    Don't worry about being the youngest, enjoy it.

Cheers, h.
  • keelybird57
    keelybird57 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I went to my first Aquafit class today. And I love it! This is worth every bit of my gym membership.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Great going Keelybird57. It is so much more fun than spending an hour on a treadmill.
    Cheers, h.