Scale or Tape measure?

Options
What do you use more when checking your results?

Replies

• misschip1983
    misschip1983 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    tape measure,its the inches lost im more bothered about x
  • Kiss_Her_Act
    Options
    tape measure,its the inches lost im more bothered about x

Same here,and when you're working out the scale will work you up lol
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    What do you use more when checking your results?

I use the scales and also tape measure, I measure to the one-eighth of an inch :D
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    For me it has to be a mixture of both, everyone loves to see the scales going down, but seeing inches coming off your stomach and chest. I way every 2 weeks and measure every month and record them on a chart at home to see how far ive come
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Both.

For the past few months I have been keeping track of my weight and measurements. Every 30 days I do a weigh in and measure myself to see where I am. The reason being is while the scale might be going up the inches are more than likely going down which means I am gaining muscle.
  • davideickelmann
    davideickelmann Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Both, and I use a handheld bodyfat analyzer. What I worry about most are the measurements. What's important is just understanding the info that these tools give you. It's also really important to take progress pictures. Oftentimes you can't recognize steady, incremental progress because you see yourself every day. If you take pictures, you can compare month to month, half-yearly, etc.
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I use the scale -- hate that tape measure but agree it's how to keep track of inches lost!
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    i started with scale because i had so much to lose. but yes there comes a time when numbers halt and measurements play the huge part for changes and body composition.
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Both.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I use the scale more often, but the tape measure results mean more to me.