Cutting calories

mstarrett01
mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
edited September 21 in Success Stories
I thought that having to cut my calories to 1350 a day would be a killer, I thought I would starve! But no, I am doing so good, I am so proud of myself! I don't really get to hungry, only in the mornings before lunch, but it doesn't kill me. Every day when I calculate what I have eaten for the day I always hit my mark, or some times are a little under. This is great, I am so happy so far. Its only been a week, so I hope that my enthusiasm won't fade!:happy :

Replies

• genann
    genann Posts: 236
    I thought that having to cut my calories to 1350 a day would be a killer, I thought I would starve! But no, I am doing so good, I am so proud of myself! I don't really get to hungry, only in the mornings before lunch, but it doesn't kill me. Every day when I calculate what I have eaten for the day I always hit my mark, or some times are a little under. This is great, I am so happy so far. Its only been a week, so I hope that my enthusiasm won't fade!:happy :

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ciaobella47
    ciaobella47 Posts: 95 Member
    If you've got that down then you are well on your way! You'll have to share some of your "low cal" meals. :)
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    The bonus is that you get to eat your exercise calories! I eat mine, too. My daily calorie goal is 1380, and but I usually eat up to about 1600 with but don't go over with exercise. Makes room for snacking (healthy, of course)! If I find myself running low on calories, I'll throw in an exercise session (something family friendly like a bike ride) after dinner to make sure I don't go over for the day. And if I do go over every few weeks, I don't freak out about it.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Hooray! You're doing great! Really, whoever said you can't eat on a diet? A few weeks ago I was really, really hungry at dinner, so I had like three turkey sandwiches and baked chips and steamed broccoli and cheese. My family looked at me like I was crazy, but I was still like 200 calories below my goal. (I'm at 1490). Seriously. I've been eating essentially as much as I want. You just have to tweak a few things.
  • thats awesome...keep up the good work....I thought it would be hard for my start of 1480 because i was eating 3 times that sometimes 4 times more a day before i started taking this serious......but thats awesome.....keep it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!