Going commando in the gym? Ladies help please!

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    After a long search, I finally found 'seamless' panties that were actually invisible under clothes. Now I wear them not only to work out, but also under dresses and work pants. At first I used Jockey, but they're difficult to find and $$. I can't even link you to them because they don't show up on the Jockey site. Then I discovered a much less expensive brand at WalMart. Vassarette invisibly smooth. They come in multiple colors, and multiple cuts like briefs, hipster, and boyshort. And they're $4.

I've tried commando and I don't mind thongs in the back, but I need support in the front. With 2 pregnancies, a 70 lb loss and 25 lbs of excess weight to go, I have a lot of loose skin up front that just jiggles without containment in the front.

this is useful to me as I'm struggling to find some seamless ones to run in that don't cost me an arm and a leg.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »
    I have to ask. Do most people in America use the word "panties"?
    It makes me cringe when I hear it.. That word is usually used by the most undesirable members of the community, or prison here
    Yes, that's what they are. Sorry English makes you cringe? Seriously though it always seems you have something negative to say about America every time I see you comment on a thread. Sorry we offend you so badly. I guess we are just undesirable

Fair call @hekla90 , admittedly I was worried that I came across a bit like that. .

But in all honesty I'm fascinated with America, and our differences. Your different foods, and how you put cream in your coffee :open_mouth::wink: The amazingly low prices you pay for everything, which I'm so envious of! Just everything really. I'm always full of questions, which may come across as negative, but it's just a massive curiosity on my part.

But I will forever and always stand my ground on the panties word :tongue: If you lived here you'd get where I was coming from. When you've always heard that word used in a horrible way, it's hard to see it any other way.

So apologies, if i come across as anti American. This was never my intention.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Thongs
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    commando!
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'd say commando because most workout bottoms already have the underwear patch built in. Also it saves me from ruining a pair of undies from sweat, something I don't want to carry in my gym bag. :grimace:
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Okay. You are in the gym. You are going to be sweating. Your hair is gonna frizz and you are probably going to smell. Why on earth are you worried about panty lines?

Not everyone goes to the gym to work out hard. Maybe they go there to meet people? Maybe they want attention to boost their self-esteem. Who are you to judge?

There's a place called Planet Fitness that would be perfect for you :)
  • missg6984
    missg6984 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    DR2501 wrote: »
    Do you think anyone in the gym really cares about your panty line? Just wear what's comfortable.

Anyone who is in the gym is really not paying attention to anyone, they are focused on the workout.