Need to lose 10lbs

Options
Hi I have a belly paunch which I really need to get rid of. I recently started dieting on my own but at times it's kind of frustrating; feels like I'm not seeing the results I would like to see. Could be I'm too anxious or could be that I 'm not doing something right. I would appreciate any help and motivation and support that I can get and vice versa. Thanks!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing it? It takes a while to see results, especially when you've only got 10lbs to lose. Are you accurately counting calories? Do you weigh everything? If not, it's easy to overestimate how much you're eating, so it's a good idea to get some food scales, especially if you're not seeing results after a few weeks of dieting. Also remember that weight comes off where it wants, you may not be losing from your stomach but you could be losing from other areas. It's also a good idea to use a tape measure on various places of your body (commonly bust, waist, hips and thighs) to see where you're losing from.

Also remember that if you're judging progress by the scales that fluctuations happen, and it's especially easy for your loss to be covered by fluctuations if you're only aiming for 0.5lbs/week (which you probably should be if you've only got 10lbs to lose). Remember to keep at it for several weeks and look at the trend, not at the individual values.

Good luck!
  • Amri10
    Amri10 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I only started like 2 months now.Thanks. I 'll stick to it. As I said maybe I 'm just overly anxious.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I recently did a bulk over the winter and put on 10 Lbs...it took me about 3-4 months to take it off...it's a very slow process when there's not much to lose.

by the by, you should also be doing some resistance training...just trying to diet it down isn't going to work...you really want to be working on the body composition aspect of things as well as trying to cut that little bit of fat...if you're doing nothing for your body composition, you're not really going to notice much change.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I recently did a bulk over the winter and put on 10 Lbs...it took me about 3-4 months to take it off...it's a very slow process when there's not much to lose.

by the by, you should also be doing some resistance training...just trying to diet it down isn't going to work...you really want to be working on the body composition aspect of things as well as trying to cut that little bit of fat...if you're doing nothing for your body composition, you're not really going to notice much change.

I agree with this. What you really want to be doing at this point is lowering your body fat, not necessarily losing pounds. You'll get smaller and firmer instead of just smaller and it'll be easier to maintain your weight once you reach your goal.