Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

To Have a Geno's Steak Cheese or Not to Have it......

2»

Replies

• Chicasonamission
    Chicasonamission Posts: 64 Member
    Tony Lukes description just made my mouth water.

Cheesesteak
    Tony Luke's cheesesteaks use thin-cut (never chopped) 100% rib-eye steak. The rib-eye comes from USDA certified Black Angus Beef, which is consistently ranked in the top 4% of all beef throughout the world. Tony Luke's uses humanely raised cattle and works with expert farmers to maintain health and safety standards. Top it with your choice of cheese (American, Kraft Cheez Whiz or Provolone) and have it "wit" (with fried onions) or "wittout" (without fried onions). Try it "hoagie style" with lettuce, American cheese, tomato, pickles and mayonnaise
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2015
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Tony Lukes & Jim's > pat's and genos

FIFY ;)

I would never take any of my friends to pat's or geno's for a good cheesesteak. I would do TL, Jims or Johns Roast Pork.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Geno's cheesesteaks are gross.
  • Chicasonamission
    We are from Maryland so honestly we have no idea which is the best place to go.....only thing we ever hear around here is Geno's or Pats.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    psulemon wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Tony Lukes & Jim's > pat's and genos

FIFY ;)

I would never take any of my friends to pat's or geno's for a good cheesesteak. I would do TL, Jims or Johns Roast Pork.

nods... agree with the edit.
    I don't eat them- and I rarely go to philly - and I'd certainly never make a special trip just for a cheese steak sammich- but I suppose when the time comes and my family is visiting from CA- we'll make a trip down there to TL/Jims.
    We'll hit south street b/c- well you can't go to Philly without doing south street- probably the art museums and stuff to.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Pat's and Geno's are both terrible
  • Chicasonamission
    https://facebook.com/ChicasOnAMission/photos/a.346210102150381.65569.235915386513187/736741113097276/?type=1&theater

I made it to Philly and ended having both Pat's & Geno's.....Pat's all the way!
  • Chicasonamission
    I had this same question a couple months ago. We ended up going to Carmen's at the Reading Terminal Market. It was pretty good. As for the eating meat in general after five months off, I'm not sure a cheesesteak is the best way to break yourself back in.

I know but I had a very small piece of both and luckily no stomach issues.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited August 2015
    at least you were driving...I made the mistake of Varsity in Atlanta before flying.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,267 Member
    edited August 2015
    I WISH I was in your shoes today!! Geno's is a MUST TRY! yes, splitting one is an option, or only eating 1/2 and taking the other half home and eating it tonight. You won't be sorry. I'm jealous!!! Pat's is awesome too!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    I WISH I was in your shoes today!! Geno's is a MUST TRY! yes, splitting one is an option, or only eating 1/2 and taking the other half home and eating it tonight. You won't be sorry. I'm jealous!!! Pat's is awesome too!

Have you ever tried Jims or Tony Lukes? They are much much much better....
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    I say go for it and just bring a change of pants for the drive home.