how much mucle can you gain at first ?

Options
I'm so confused i keep looking better, and more skinny but I weight mode XD I started at 180 something now I'm 184.40 ????

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused i keep looking better, and more skinny but I weight mode XD I started at 180 something now I'm 184.40 ????

I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here. Possibly there was an autocorrect issue? What is weight mode XD?

When you say 180 something, do you mean 180.XX or 18X?

Regardless, if you just started lifting super recently, the initial weight gain is partially made of water. Your body retains water in order to facilitate muscle repair, which is what strengthens your muscles. If you are eating in caloric excess, you will gain muscle. If you are eating at maintenance or below, you may have a certain amount of newbie muscle gain, but it will not be to the extent you would when eating at maintenance and it will end at some point. I've never read any research indicating how much you can actually gain during that newbie period so I'm not sure it's an answerable question (if that is your question.)
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options