Is there any Yogurt out there Better?

Options
Well if there is a better Yogurt out there with better stats than Triple Zero Oikos, I challenge someone out there to find it for me. In my opinion this Yogurt Rocks!!! Plus is sweetened with Stevia with no artificial sweeteners and 15 grams of protein!!! But is there something out there better?
aqm6p7mxvx9s.jpg

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I <3 TZ. It sits very well on my temperamental stomach and I can add mix-ins to give all kinds of different dessert options.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    For flavored yogurts, I really like the Light and Fit Greek brand. I get 12g protein and 9g of carbs for 80 calories (I personally look for low-carb yogurts, just so I can take less insulin).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well some people don't like the chicory root fiber. I personally don't really care for the taste that much, but yeah, nutrition wise, it's good and it fills me up more than others, so I still buy it.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I've never tried this before, just saw it announced for my country today actually, but it also looks pretty good.
    Sweetened with sugar. Very low fat and more protein.

ETA: natural variatie is not sweetened, only their flavored varieties.

o9vyjjrch4uu.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    I've never tried this before, just saw it announced for my country today actually, but it also looks pretty good.
    Sweetened with Stevia as well. Very low fat and more protein.

o9vyjjrch4uu.jpg

Oh that looks pretty awesome.
  • TacticalSumo
    TacticalSumo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That does look good
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I prefer Noosa or 2% Fage plain with honey.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    "Better" is highly subjective and relative to individual needs...

but I like Fage plain 0%. 6 ounces (a bit over 150 grams) has 100 calories and 18 grams of protein and 7 grams carbohydrates. It is not sweetened...I do not like the taste of any artificial sweetener.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm having fun trying out Kefir.

Kefir-chart-233x300.jpg

My gut does seem to handle it very well.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the taste of stevia in anything, and I hate the taste of artificial sweeteners in yogurt although I'm fine with them in most other foods. So, for me any yogurt sweetened with sugar would be 'better'.

If I want dairy, good protein, and relatively low carb I usually default to cottage cheese instead of yogurt.
  • Francl27
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I'm having fun trying out Kefir.

Kefir-chart-233x300.jpg

My gut does seem to handle it very well.

How filling is it? I typically avoid drinking calories.
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Only thing close is fage
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @francl27 the two kinds I've tried were different thicknesses. One was like buttermilk and the second was spreadable. I find it about the same texture and digestion as yogurts which can range from you, know, watery to the lovely thick Greek stuff.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    The only yogurt I really like is the kind you can buy from a Greek deli. I have a friend bring it from 2 hours away! It tastes like cream cheese, but not as sweet.
  • kittybatman
    kittybatman Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I usually eat Greek yogurt. My favorite is fage the original or with the strawberry and goji :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Cabot is my mainstay- I can't bring myself to pay 8$ for a tub of Fage- and the rest of the other brands (including chowbani) suck monkey rocks.

4.99 regular- 3.99 on sale- I get six servings out of it- plain 10% milk fat. 310 calories per serving of 4- works ou tto 206 calories for roughly 150 grams of product.
    makes me happy. and its' tasty and works with all sorts of extras (honey- berries- granola- whey etc etc)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    AsISmile wrote: »
    Sweetened with sugar. Very low fat and more protein.

ETA: natural variatie is not sweetened, only their flavored varieties.

o9vyjjrch4uu.jpg

Damn. I've never seen this brand before. I've been buying TZ, myself.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    white mountain yogurt is supposed to have 8 million good bacteria in it. Note-I understand that adding sugar to yogurt undermines eating the good bacteria.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    The only greek yogurt that doesn't dry my mouth out with tartness is Tillamook Greek. I love it! It's smooth and satisfying. I honestly think Tillamook dairy products are far superior than many. They have a consistent quality and they seem to know it because they are slightly higher in cost. But it's a price I'll pay gladly. But ill try this one you recommend now. Do try the Tillamook and see what you think!
  • cjcolorado
    cjcolorado Posts: 49 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am absolutely in love with Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt. 130 calories per cup, with 23g protein. I have it every morning with fresh berries, a handful of almonds, and a small spoonful of jam mixed in for sweetness. I can't tolerate stevia (or artificial sweeteners) and chicory does not sit well with me. Fage keeps it simple (and I can get a huge tub of it at Costco for a reasonable price).