Weight loss lean mass to fat mass ratio question

Options
I understand my bodyfat measurements are probably inaccurate because I'm relying on a digital scale for my data. I seem to have lost more in lbm than fat mass since a month ago. Is that a normal thing with other people at ~20lbs from normal bmi?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    What's your height, weight, age and gender?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    5'9, 37 yr old male, 187.2 according to trendweight
  • Protranser
    Options
    Lean Mass Change Over Time:

Since yesterday: -0.2 lbs

Since a week ago: -0.8 lbs

Fat Mass Change Over Time:

Since yesterday: 0.1 lbs

Since a week ago: -0.2 lbs
  • kozykondition1
    kozykondition1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Protranser wrote: »

Since yesterday: 0.1 lbs

That's two data points accounting for one pound. Do you have any other info? How has your weight lifting been affected in the last month? Has your protein consumption changed?

A digital body scale measures two things, weight and impedance. It then takes information that you gave it (gender, age, height) and *poof*, it gives you a fat percentage.

According to my scale, which also displays percent water and percent bone, I've lost 24% of my bone mass. Also, 33.5% of my body fat, 12.5% of my water mass, and I gained 9.4% of unspecified weight (assuming lean mass).

If you want to see your percent body fat drop, weigh yourself before and after you go to the bathroom and before and after washing your feet and scale. Resistance is resistance.
  • Protranser
    Options
    That's two data points accounting for one pound. Do you have any other info? How has your weight lifting been affected in the last month? Has your protein consumption changed?

A digital body scale measures two things, weight and impedance. It then takes information that you gave it (gender, age, height) and *poof*, it gives you a fat percentage.

According to my scale, which also displays percent water and percent bone, I've lost 24% of my bone mass. Also, 33.5% of my body fat, 12.5% of my water mass, and I gained 9.4% of unspecified weight (assuming lean mass).

If you want to see your percent body fat drop, weigh yourself before and after you go to the bathroom and before and after washing your feet and scale. Resistance is resistance.

Thank you for your reply.

Trendweight suggests this ratio has been consistent for the last four weeks. Maybe longer, I'll have to check the desktop browser version when j get a chance to verify this ratio for longer than four weeks.

Since yesterday: +0.1 lbs
    Since two weeks ago: -0.7 lbs
    Since a month ago: -2.3 lbs

Since two weeks ago: -1.2 lbs
    Since a month ago: -4.0 lbs

I've not been heavy lifting, but I've been doing calisthenics to overload my muscles to preserve lbm. That has been only for about 1.5 - 2 months though. I started a new calisthenics routine (you are your own gym) on the Monday that just passed. I guess there only gauge i have is to think of whether i can do more pushups now than when i started, and yes, i can. So perhaps it's nothing to worry about.