Fit Bit question

Options
Hello all... can someone tell me how fit bit should work. When you exercise it shows on the fit bit app but not on the mfp app? Shouldn't the mfp show the exercise? The are link.. for example.. my food is logged into mfp and show cal eaten off fit bit. Exercise is shown on fit bit but not mfp.
I don't own fit bit and know nothing about them. I am asking for a friend.

Thanks

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    xxmarysmxx wrote: »
    Hello all... can someone tell me how fit bit should work. When you exercise it shows on the fit bit app but not on the mfp app? Shouldn't the mfp show the exercise? The are link.. for example.. my food is logged into mfp and show cal eaten off fit bit. Exercise is shown on fit bit but not mfp.
    I don't own fit bit and know nothing about them. I am asking for a friend.

Thanks

Fitbit's adjustment is where they go. If you look under exercise on MFP, you'll see an adjustment. This is where any calories earned go. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1 is the place to go for all things fitbit and MFP.

In a nutshell, mfp approximates what your overall calorie burn should be based on height, weight, age, gender, and claimed activity level. Fitbit uses your height, weight, age, gender, and measured activity level (and heart rate, if you have an HRM-capable fitbit). Fitbit adjusts the MFP goals based on that day's activities. The FAQ goes way more into it. The basics are: enable negative adjustments in mfp, tell mfp a real estimate of your activity level, use fitbit to record all step-based activity, use mfp to log all non-step-based activity, and eat to your target. Try it for 4-6 weeks, and evaluate how you're doing.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great.. thank you for the information.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    xxmarysmxx wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how fitbit should work. When you exercise it shows on the fitbit app but not on the mfp app? Shouldn't the mfp show the exercise?

The only thing you will see in MFP is a Fitbit calorie adjustment in your diary. If you want your Fitbit exercise to appear in your MFP feed, post a status update.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users