I didn't give up!

Options
jaqcan
jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
I've been on MFP since April. I was doing great. April and May I had lost 22 lbs. June 2nd I weighed in at 271. Then June 6th I left on a 6 week road trip across the Western United States. I wasn't tracking, ate way too much, did a lot of hiking, but still ate too much and put on 14lbs. I could have felt defeated and given up, but I didn't. As soon as I got home I immediately started tracking again. The first 10 came off very quickly, but I have FOUGHT the next 4.
Well today, on my 30th day back (also hit my 30 day streak, again) I'm back at 271!
My point. Don't give up. Even if you have a massive set back. DON'T GIVE UP! All I've lost is 10 weeks. I could be further along, but I've only lost 10 weeks. And I had an amazing trip. Maybe wasn't worth 14 lbs, but I hadn't been on a vacation with my husband alone in 14 years. But I didn't give up. And I'm gonna attack these next 20 lbs, and by the end of the year I would love to be under 250. I haven't been that weight in almost 8 years. I haven't given up yet, and I won't!

Replies

• AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I gained 18 pounds between the beginning of the year and the middle of June thanks to vacationing, carpal tunnel and quitting smoking. I've finally got my *kitten* back in gear and have started losing again! WE GOT THIS!! :p
  • amya72
    amya72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I needed this!
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This is so great. Another example of why this site so great. People helping others succeed.Thanks for sharing.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This story has been so encouraging for me !! I needed to hear it !! Thanks for sharing! I have lost 11lbs and went back and forth for a month now with 2 or 3 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!