Going through old pictures, OMG!

Options
I'm not at my goal by any means, and these pictures are from December last year, which I gained back about 18 pounds by June this year due to vacations, carpal tunnel :[, and quitting smoking (yay me! :smile: ).
I'm 5'3"
This is me on Christmas Eve in 2013. No clue what I weighed, I didn't start this journey until February of 2014 at 169 pounds, so I'm probably hovering somewhere around there in this picture.
2013.12.24%202_zpsld4e6sba.jpg
And here's me Christmas Eve in 2014 at 141 pounds.
2014.12.24%20141%202_zpsnlkzxowq.jpg

Here's me with my Mom Christmas Eve 2013, again no idea what I weighed, and not only my weight, but how unhealthy I look in this picture is amazing to me, and to think I thought I looked good in these pictures when they were taken!
2013.12.24_zpsyonid7sb.jpg
And here's me with my Mom Christmas Eve 2014. 141 pounds, so much more confident, healthy and happy!
2014.12.24_zpszcncj6o4.jpg

Like I said I had some set backs, and after that I got stuck. I was at 159 pounds by the middle of June and only managed to drop a pound between then and the end of June. I got frustrated with not being able to tell myself no to food, and coming up with too many excuses to not go to the gym. Felt that I needed a change, deleted my old MFP account. I only lasted a week and created a new one because I realized how badly I needed it. I spent the entire month of July at 156 pounds, and became very frustrated. I joined a challenge group that started August 1st and got my *kitten* in gear and have managed to drop two pounds since then :smiley: I finally feel like I'm getting back on the right track, and seeing these pictures motivates me even more!

Not to mention, I'm going to Puerto Rico in January and I'm getting married next September so I've got to start wedding dress shopping! Time to get back to my happy place :blush:

I absolutely LOVE a good, consistent challenge group. I used to be involved in them last year when I was so successful. And I like to be in multiple, so if you know of any good ones I'd love to join!

Feel free to add me, I'm not super active, but I try to be supportive :wink:

Replies

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Fantastic! You do look so much happier and healthier. And you went blonde, which really suits you and looks so pretty!

Edit: Oh, and congrats on your engagement!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing great job and congrats on the upcoming wedding :)
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    justrollme wrote: »
    Fantastic! You do look so much happier and healthier. And you went blonde, which really suits you and looks so pretty!

Edit: Oh, and congrats on your engagement!

Thank you for the kind words! We've been engaged for 4 years, and together for 6 haha it's about time we tie the knot!! :wink:
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    WOW!! You look amazing great job and congrats on the upcoming wedding :)

Thanks a bunch dear!! :smile:
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Congrats you are beautiful and I wish you the very best. With a nice holiday and wedding dress shopping you can do this!
  • adamvikings4life
    adamvikings4life Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Appreciate the love :D
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on getting married next year! I know you'll look fantastic in your dress :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!