Healthy meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice are not healthy, if you really want healthy you need to be more specific. Vegetarian diet is more healthy and best to stay fit.
    I always take low-crab and less calorie food, Regenon pills also help in controlling my appetite.

nonsense.gif

the ignorance on MFP always astounds me...the lack of even basic nutritional knowledge is baffling...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I always take low-crab and less calorie food, Regenon pills also help in controlling my appetite.

It is low-crab here when the wife is out of town. :)

I eat pretty low crab, probably lower crab than I'd like.

Crab is expensive!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    check out eatingwell.com, skinnytaste.com, and cookinglight.com for some good ideas.

Or the Recipes forum on MFP.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Chicken and rice are not healthy, if you really want healthy you need to be more specific. Vegetarian diet is more healthy and best to stay fit.

Vegetarian here. 15 years and counting. And a big ol' nope to that. I also find it deliciously ironic that you are making comments about what is or is not healthy while also recommending diet pills.

Is irony low carb?

low crab. Technically.
    Confirmed:
    King-crab-nutrition-facts.jpg

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

IIRC the studies which show better health outcomes from vegetarian diets don't tend to do well with dealing with confounding factors such as a lower incidence of smoking amongst vegetarians or doing more exercise. Is it meat or is it lifestyle or is it both?

Also this idea that meals cooked using whole foods and fresh produce are bland and unappetising really needs to go.

You know one of the best investments you can make into your health is along with finding a type of exercise you love doing? Learning how to cook.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

No.. that isn't even remotely true.

I can vouch. I went veg once. I gained 40 lbs eating rice and corn and treats.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

It is low-crab here when the wife is out of town. :)

I eat pretty low crab, probably lower crab than I'd like.

Crab is expensive!

thumb300_MTM5ODMyODQwMzE2Mzc3XzE.gif
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    LOL about the minions
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of chicken and rice, but one meal that is in my rotation every week is sweet potatoes, lemon herb sirloin steak (could easily substitute the steak for chicken), and sauteed spinach or string beans mixed with the same lemon and herbs. Totally tasty, super filling, and easy to cook all for around 450-500 cals. I would definitely search around for other meal options--chicken and rice sounds like it would get pretty boring, lol. :)
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options