Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Full Body Circuit Training

I've been doing your run of the mill split workouts for years (4-5 days a week), and getting good results (when my diet has been on track), but I was bored and wanted to mix it up. I am not crazy about cardio, but I still wanted to push myself a little more during my workouts and starting thinking about crossfit and circuit training. After reading several articles and blogs, I decided on a 3 day a week, full body circuit workout. I thought I was in good shape, but after 2 weeks of the circuit training, I realized that there's a lot of room for improvement.

Here's my workout. It's an A/B schedule, that I do 3 times a week. Week 1 would be A,B,A, week 2 would be B,A,B, and so on. All workouts are 5 cicuits and all exercices are 10 reps. I've been getting in 3 or 4 circuits so far, so I've got some work to do before I am doing all 5 sets. Some sets I'm able to get 10 reps, but others I still need to tweak the amount of weight so I am able to get 10 reps.

Workout A:
Squat
Flat Bench
Wide Pull Ups
Shoulder Press
Chin Ups
Dips
Jump Rope (as many reps as I can get)

Workout B:
Deadlift
Incline Bench
Seated Row
Lat Raises
Barbell Curl
Tricep Press
Jump Rope (as many reps as I can get)

Anyone else do full body circuit training and want to share their workouts?

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    I don't do it very often because my current gym has a limited number of squat racks, but I've used a program that I read on T-nation a few times.

It went something like this:

Push press 8 to 10 reps
    Barbell rows 8 to 10 reps
    Squats 8 to 10 reps
    Pull-ups 8 to 10 reps

Rest 60 seconds and repeat circuit for 4 sets.

Immediately after the last set do 70 seconds of burpees and another 45 seconds of mountain climbers.

Rest 3 minutes

Deadlifts 8 to 10 reps
    Incline dumbbell press 8 to 10 reps
    Upright rows 8 to 10 reps
    Barbell lunges 8 to 10 reps

Rest 60 seconds and repeat for 4 sets.