ItWorks!

Options
It works! It really works! Self-discipline works, y'all! After 1 month of staying within my calorie allowance, I am 4 pounds lighter and 2.5 inches smaller around my waist! I had other inch-loss here and there, but that was the main area. Just in case you're thinking 4 pounds in a month is no big deal, I'll elaborate and say I went from 138 to 134. So, to me, it definitely is a big deal. When I reach my goals, I'll put this on the success story forum. But for now, I just wanted to encourage anyone who thinks they can't do this without dropping insane amounts of money on doctor visits, pills, supplements, gym memberships, etc. You definitely can! Good old-fashioned eating less and moving more gets the job done!

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    That thing you did there, I see it.

Congrats on your success so far.
  • jyambor
    jyambor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I feel the same way abouy doing it the old fashioned way :)
    :)
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Click bait FTW. Well done!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You got me. Nice job.
  • sonu0902
    sonu0902 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What do u mean doing it the old fashion way what routine do you follow ? Can u give some ideas please !!!
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    bringon30 wrote: »
    It works! It really works! Self-discipline works, y'all! After 1 month of staying within my calorie allowance, I am 4 pounds lighter and 2.5 inches smaller around my waist! I had other inch-loss here and there, but that was the main area. Just in case you're thinking 4 pounds in a month is no big deal, I'll elaborate and say I went from 138 to 134. So, to me, it definitely is a big deal. When I reach my goals, I'll put this on the success story forum. But for now, I just wanted to encourage anyone who thinks they can't do this without dropping insane amounts of money on doctor visits, pills, supplements, gym memberships, etc. You definitely can! Good old-fashioned eating less and moving more gets the job done!

Congratulations on your achievement. well done.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    sonu0902 wrote: »
    What do u mean doing it the old fashion way what routine do you follow ? Can u give some ideas please !!!

I'm pretty sure she spelled out the ideas right in the OP. There aren't tricks. Eat fewer calories than your body burns. Do that consistently for a span of time through self-discipline.
  • kb3aka
    kb3aka Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Goals are personal, so even if others think your numbers are small, congratulations on your inches and pounds lost. Keep up the great work! It's all a step in the right direction.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Heh. Nice one.

Well done!
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

As someone already mentioned, I'm just referring to not stuffing my face full of whatever I feel like eating and making sure I get the exercise my body so desperately craves. We are not meant to eat until we are miserable and our bodies were made to move. I have gotten so disgusted lately with seeing diet pills and concoctions shoved in everyone's faces and I've seen people get upset because they can't afford to spend the money others can spend to lose weight. But it doesn't take all that! I've removed 3 people from my fb newsfeed lately because they became itworks pushers and it just drives me crazy to see 10 posts per day about it. That's why I specifically targeted itworks. Don't worry, though. I dislike all weight-loss "snake oils" equally.
  • bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much, everyone! I admit it......click bait.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much, everyone! I admit it......click bait.

No worries. That was done quite well!

kombat-scorpion.gif
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I was so ready to roll my eyes (I just unfollowed a longtime Twitter friend who became a seller for that company). Nice job!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    You almost had me :D
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hee hee, I didn't know about ItWorks, so the ploy went right over my head!

I thought it was a post about someone finding out CICO is how one can lose weight.

Congrats on doing it the correct way.

Cheers, h.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Follow your calorie allowance while doing your own thing. Work out the specifics as you go. No routine needed.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    If only there was an MLM self-discipline marketing program. Then we could all lose money and weight.
  • my62103
    my62103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought you were an itworks distributor. I am glad that you put the truth out there. I was a distributor 2 years ago. I followed the program and sure, I lost 40lbs and 5 sizes... but here's the kicker. I also watched what I ate and exercised regularly. Once I stopped doing the real way that I lost (went back to my old habits) I put it all back on and then some! There really is only one way to lose it... that's by working hard! :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Well played.