Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat to your goal.
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Mine only does this if I forgot to log something and my net is below 1200...
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Eat. :|

Or lie about what you're eating in your diary.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Eat to your goal.

This^ It's a goal....MFP wants you to meet it.

Eating less will result in faster "weight" loss. However, large deficits make it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. To lose a bigger percentage of fat....eat more.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Mine only does this if I forgot to log something and my net is below 1200...

Yes - that's the lowest DEFUALT minimum for women. OP is likely under 1500 calories.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    It only prevents posting if you're not meeting the medically advised minimum (1200 for women, 1500 for men). Unless you're at the petite end of each and never move there is no need to have such a low goal and therefore your goal is probably too aggressive. So eat more. Lower your weekly weight loss expectations. Problem solved.
  • ditsyblond17
    ditsyblond17 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Is this a new thing MFP does?

So if you skip a meal it won't say you're under calorie goal anymore? How do you change it to only 2 meals a day that you typically eat?
  • ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

So if you skip a meal it won't say you're under calorie goal anymore? How do you change it to only 2 meals a day that you typically eat?

you can log however many meals you want and so long as you are at or above 1200 net (1500 net for men) for the day it will post it. You can also change the names/number of meals in your diary settings.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat. MFP doesn't support unhealthy eating. You're a 41 yr old male - you don't need to be starving yourself to lose weight.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Add some food to the diary.
  • clcroft92
    clcroft92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Skipping meals won't help weight loss I normally only have something light during the day if needed and a big tea and was just getting bigger now I've switched to the Charlotte Crosby diet that comes with dvd to having breakfast lunch tea and a snack plus two low fat yoghurts a day and I can tell the difference already and 1 week isn't even over yet and haven't done any exercise yet
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options

you can log however many meals you want and so long as you are at or above 1200 net (1500 net for men) for the day it will post it. You can also change the names/number of meals in your diary settings.

Actually it is 1200 for men as well. My current goals are to loose 2lbs per week I'm 5'9" male and I have 24lbs to loose, it has me at 1300 calories, and does the little thing saying you will be xxx lbs in 5 weeks as long as I eat 1200 calories.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    clcroft92 wrote: »
    Skipping meals won't help weight loss I normally only have something light during the day if needed and a big tea and was just getting bigger now I've switched to the Charlotte Crosby diet that comes with dvd to having breakfast lunch tea and a snack plus two low fat yoghurts a day and I can tell the difference already and 1 week isn't even over yet and haven't done any exercise yet

The only hard and fast rule of weight loss is you have to eat less calories then you expend. It doesnt matter if you spread those calories out over 5 meals or 2, the sustainability of different habits is another topic onto itself.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    It always posts my dairy intake. I don't drink a lot of milk though.