Need Cauliflower Recipes asap!

Options
harley0269
harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
I bought a head of Cauliflower, & I would like to make it my meal for supper tonight, but I have no good recipes.

So Please share with me your favorite Cauliflower recipe!!!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Roasted cauliflower. Break into pieces and toss in olive oil. Add some salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Parmesan cheese is a nice touch.
  • leilanirenfro
    leilanirenfro Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I blend them and add them to sauces.
  • amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am trying cauliflower pizza tonight--I did zucchini earlier this week and thought it was fantastic! I have high hopes!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower (I just boil it and mash it with some cream cheese or Laughing Cow cheese - delish), roasted cauliflower, soup (with carrots, potatoes, leeks, onions etc).
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower mash! So good with butter or cream cheese, some salt and pepper
  • Jaquier1
    Jaquier1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just found a recipe on the paleo website for curry cauliflower rice. I haven't made it yet but sounds awesome! It's under the free recipes curry chicken and cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Roasted cauliflower. Break into pieces and toss in olive oil. Add some salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes. Parmesan cheese is a nice touch.

well, I am a little late to the party, but I second this. roasted cauliflower is sublime. Do try this if you never have.

I tried some buffalo cauliflower a few weeks ago - just roasted caul. tossed in a buffalo wing sauce. Wife and I both liked it. It didn't blow me away, but I'd eat it again.

My favorite soup is roasted cauliflower soup. It is just roasted cauliflower added to potato leek soup base. Basically, roast your cauliflower as TeaBea said (without cheese). While that is getting happy, boil a couple of large cubed potatoes with a couple of leeks (cleaned and sliced). When the potato's are cooked through, add half the roasted cauliflower to the pot and hit it with an immersion blender. Cook that a bit and when ready to serve, top with pieces of the remaining roasted cauliflower. Toss on some diced chives and you have a real treat. You might swear that soup is cream based, but it isn't.
  • _marie66
    _marie66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Check out this link for ideas!

http://eatlocalgrown.com/article/14343-creative-cauliflower-recipes.html?c=JER
    harley0269 wrote: »
    I bought a head of Cauliflower, & I would like to make it my meal for supper tonight, but I have no good recipes.

• BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Break into bite size pieces, toss in garlic salt and pepper, bake until a bit crispy, then take out and toss in franks buffalo sauce and bake again for 20 mins or so. Buffalo bites!!
  • susanboyer48
    susanboyer48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    harley0269 wrote: »

Roasted Garlic cauliflower is great
    Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil and
    2 tablespoons minced garlic into a 1 gallon bag. Add cauliflower and shake. Put in greased casserole dish and salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 450 for 25 minutes. Then add 1/3 cup grated parmesan and broil for 3 to 5 minutes. 118 calories per serving. Serves 6. But so good you'll want 2 servings. Stir half way through. This is good on a cheat day. 8 .18 fat grams
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza crust and cauliflower "hot wings" are both delicious
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Can you roast a large portion for one with just a half tablespoon of oil?