Equipment

After the 1st 30lbs has gone through diet and walking i now feel the need to get a decent piece of exercise equipment. Anyone had any successes with this and if so what's better a cross trainer or a treadmill? And then where did you get it from - needs to hold a big weight and not too expensive.....i dont want much do i!!

All feedback is greatly appreciated

Replies

• Bernice439
    Bernice439 Posts: 4 Member
    You may not like my answer, but . . . I would not buy any exercise equipment, in my opinion, you use it for a while, then it becomes a place to throw your clothes on, like a clothes hanger. I would join Planet Fitness if you have one in your city. It's only $10.00 per month and they have all the exercise equipment you need! It's awesome. My favorite is the Elliptical. You can burn twice as many calories on the Elliptical than on the treadmill.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    My suggestion is also not to buy any particular equipment at this point.
    I assume you live in the UK, try to find a gym that it is nearby or in your return way from work.
    Join some classes, start weight lifting. You have to find something you like for exercise.
    My personal preference if I could buy an equipment for a "snowed in" day would be a spinning bike. However I found that snow shoveling burns calories too so I can still exercise on a snow day ;)
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    I love my treadmill. Yes it occassionally was used as a clothes hanger. But I've had it for 12 years and its been used every year. Three years in storage and 60 pounds later....its used every day sometimes multiple times. I find it is a sanity saver in winter when I don't want to drive to a gym/class and can't be outside do to weather.