Feedback needed

Options
I need to continue loosing weight way after my program weeks run out. When I joined QWL they advised I would loose atleast 3 pounds a week, but has not happend ;( so far about 1.5 per week and I spent lots of money on this so I can not add more weeks to it. Has anyone tried QWLC (Quick Weight Loss Center)? I will not be done with weight loss by the time I get to stabilization phase. At that time I guess I would have to forgo stabilization and join WW...ANY SUGGESTION OR FEEDBACK is definitely welcomed!!

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Too bad QWL doesn't have a $$$ back guarantee. Funny how all the quick weight loss centers promise quick weight loss but no $$$ back if you don't lose the amount they promised.

Anyway, you should read these threads:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest

They will teach you how to lose weight in a healthy, sustainable way.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Stop wasting your money and eat at a deficit!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You lost 1.5 a week which is great. 3 lbs is pretty unrealistic for most. You could have done it for free just using MFP.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    What is the stabilization process?? Congrats on the weight loss, though, that is awesome!!!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Log your calories using the free tools on MFP and lose weight? That's a great option, I think
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    You already lost your money because it's a company making claims about weight loss that aren't sustainable. Use a caloric deficit in MFP and be happy with your weight loss! 1.5 lbs a week is great!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    cjen323 wrote: »
    I need to continue loosing weight way after my program weeks run out. When I joined QWL they advised I would loose atleast 3 pounds a week, but has not happend ;( so far about 1.5 per week and I spent lots of money on this so I can not add more weeks to it. Has anyone tried QWLC (Quick Weight Loss Center)? I will not be done with weight loss by the time I get to stabilization phase. At that time I guess I would have to forgo stabilization and join WW...ANY SUGGESTION OR FEEDBACK is definitely welcomed!!

I don't know what QWLC is other than what I just learned here, but most weight loss places that charge lots of $$$ have a program that, even if you DID lose the weight they promised, would not stay off but get gained right back. Including WW. They charge money, people lose weight, they gain it back, go back to WW, pay money, and so the cycle goes. Why else would they have Lifetime Members???

Not only is MFP free, but it also teaches you about maintaining your weight once you've lost it. Sorry about the money spent on QWLC
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

I don't know what QWLC is other than what I just learned here, but most weight loss places that charge lots of $$$ have a program that, even if you DID lose the weight they promised, would not stay off but get gained right back. Including WW. They charge money, people lose weight, they gain it back, go back to WW, pay money, and so the cycle goes. Why else would they have Lifetime Members???

Not only is MFP free, but it also teaches you about maintaining your weight once you've lost it. Sorry about the money spent on QWLC

WW is just another version of CICO, just using points instead of calories.

When people gain the weight back on WW, it's because they've stopped doing the program, i.e., counting points (counting calories).

What do you think would happen to a MFP member who was doing CICO, faithfully logging everything, and then stopped doing it and went back to their old eating habits? They would likely gain back the weight they lost. Does that mean MFP/CICO doesn't work?

I am not a fan of fad diets or weight loss plans that promise fast results. WW is a healthy plan and advocates the same healthy rate of loss (.5 - 2 lbs per week) that they do here on MFP. The fact that they charge $$ for their plan doesn't necessarily make the program bad. Lumping it in with QWLC is not a valid comparison, IMO.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale

Weigh everything you consume

Eat at a deficit

Log all your foods here to be sure your actually eating at a deficit

There's no need for expensive programs. They often teach bogus and dangerous stuff and the diets R not sustainable.

Learn portion control - moderation for long term success
  • julez40
    julez40 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did CWL for a little while. Then I got tired of not being able to eat solid food. I did lose weight but realized I could do it without paying so much $. Anyway, if you still want the CWL shakes, snack bars, soups, chips, etc, you can buy them online for cheaper. I often order shakes because Im on the go a lot and like them for breakfast. There are a couple websites, but I use www.doctorsbestweightloss.com
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Buy a food scale

Weigh everything you consume

Eat at a deficit

Log all your foods here to be sure your actually eating at a deficit

There's no need for expensive programs. They often teach bogus and dangerous stuff and the diets R not sustainable.

Learn portion control - moderation for long term success

+1
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

WW is just another version of CICO, just using points instead of calories.

When people gain the weight back on WW, it's because they've stopped doing the program, i.e., counting points (counting calories).

What do you think would happen to a MFP member who was doing CICO, faithfully logging everything, and then stopped doing it and went back to their old eating habits? They would likely gain back the weight they lost. Does that mean MFP/CICO doesn't work?

I am not a fan of fad diets or weight loss plans that promise fast results. WW is a healthy plan and advocates the same healthy rate of loss (.5 - 2 lbs per week) that they do here on MFP. The fact that they charge $$ for their plan doesn't necessarily make the program bad. Lumping it in with QWLC is not a valid comparison, IMO.

They are still charging money and doing nothing to keep people at maintenance. It's to their advantage to have subscribers "fall off the wagon" and pay them more money to lose the weight again. Places like QWLC has a one-time profit and never see anyone again.

And yes, anyone on MFP can do the same thing. Except it's not costing them $$$$ to yo-yo back and forth. And I honestly doubt it happens as much here as other weight-loss sites, but there are no statistics.
  • capage08
    capage08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing QWLC for 8 months and lost 40. Could have done more but faster but slacked off. It works but is expensive
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    vccrmlexal6b.jpg
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I found Weight Watchers to be an outstanding program and a great investment. I'm using this application now and applying what I learned in WW now, so you never do forget what you learn. It's balanced, sensible, and works much in the same way as here. So you can't go wrong with that. Plus, it offers a food plan approach so you don't end up getting lost. People who give advice in that program are actually prepared by WW to do so. That's the biggest advantage I see over this program. I found the repetition of information helpful to me and I still use some of the cookbooks I bought from them. It's definitely a stellar program.

If you are well informed already and know what you need to do, really, to lose, then this application is probably enough. I find the calorie counting system to be easier, in fact, than translating to points in WW. My personal opinion is that this program is quite well set-up from a technical standpoint. As for the advice on the message board, if you know already what's what, you can ignore the myriad of personal opinions and just stick to your plan. If you don't, you could be missing some much needed commonsense direction.