for women with endo/PCOS

Pomegranate1983
Pomegranate1983 Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2015 in Getting Started
**I posted this and realized this would probably be better in a different message board; one with people who are not just getting started. I'll post this in a different one. Feel free to comment if you wish but I'll put it in a more appropriate spot***

I just joined up, again. I used MFP mostly to track what I ate a few years ago. That fell by the wayside. While I used MFP, I was slightly overweight and didn't gain. When I stopped using it, I also stopped being conscientious of the food I was putting in my mouth and the weight crept on to where, now, I'm categorized as (and feel) overweight with a BMI of 28.

I've struggled with getting back into shape in the last 6 years. A few weeks ago I had a wake up call. I had a lap done where they found mild endo and some symptoms of (increased risk of getting) PCOS and type 2 diabetes. For my age and weight, that is uncommon. I can thank some genetics for that but I know weight, eating habits, and exercise affect those diseases, at least for type 2 diabetes.

I spoke with the doctor and she said eating and exercise habits influence both endo and PCOS also. Though I wasn't eating terribly before, I've decided to go to a fruit, vegetables, whole grain lifestyle. I haven't had any refined sugar and don't eat processed food. Everything is as fresh and hormone-free as I can get it (I don't have the spending money to buy all organic but I buy it when I can). My husband is liking all the home cooked meals and new recipes I've tried out too so that's a good thing.

Any women out there change their diet and exercise habits and see a change in symptoms or progression of endo or PCOS? If you'd rather message me than post, feel free to send me a message. While it's much too early for me to see a difference with the endo/PCOS, my body feels better running on mostly water, natural sugars, and vegetables.