Workout at work

Options
sp this is my question for anyone who may know...can the work I do while AT work count for a workout? This is why I ask...I work for a shipping airline. I offload A LOT of freight work up a sweat , then load my truck and deliver pkgs all day , then return to unload my truck as well as several others then head to the plane with an average of 2200 lbs to off load into the plane. I am in the plane moving lifting and stacking till its done and strapped down. SOOO by the time I get home I'm whooped!! But I have a nagging guilt for not having the energy to do a workout. Any thoughts???

Replies

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to do more exercising unless you want to build more strength or endurance. I guess you could also workout to increase flexibility by doing yoga.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would count that as a moderately active lifestyle for the daily caloric burn (without exercise) and then only count exercise as actual exercise. By upping your lifestyle to more active it automatically adjusts calories. Or like you said, keep your lifestyle at sedative and your work calories can be extra burn that's not accounted for.
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am 50, female, and have the setting at sedentary, so my daily calories are 1210. The amount of freight can go as high as 4000 lbs but I'd say the average is good.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    ttfnweight wrote: »
    I am 50, female, and have the setting at sedentary, so my daily calories are 1210. The amount of freight can go as high as 4000 lbs but I'd say the average is good.

That would be at least lightly active. If you're at 1200 cals and that busy at work, I would imagine your energy is zapped... Right?

In my early 20's after college, I had a similar job with terrible eating habits and barely gained any weight (didn't work out). After I got an office job, it only took me a year to put on 50 lbs.