Gluten

Options
I'm thinking it would be really nice if food suppliers put a glycemic score on foods. More and more of us are having issues. It's gotten so I bloat up after many foods anymore. I'm going to have to find something to give my that info so I can track it. Apparently many things have gluten that we would not expect. Will have to look into it

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I think you have your terms mixed up. Gluten is the gliadin proteins in wheat barley, etc, and the glycemic index is a rating on what impact a food has on blood glucose levels.

I'm a celiac and find it not too hard to avoid gluten as long as you read the ingredients, but I live in Canada and we have different labeling laws that the US.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    K2KRAKY wrote: »
    I'm thinking it would be really nice if food suppliers put a glycemic score on foods. More and more of us are having issues. It's gotten so I bloat up after many foods anymore. I'm going to have to find something to give my that info so I can track it. Apparently many things have gluten that we would not expect. Will have to look into it

Some people are sensitive to other grains as well, like corn and oats.