breakfast dish

Options
Itbeginswithyourself
Itbeginswithyourself Posts: 287 Member
does anyone have any really good breakfast bakes that are healthy i can use for when my family is in Sunday? I want to wow them with something yummy and healthy

Replies

• Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump

I've been after something like that for brekkie too, interested to see what other people do!
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
  • bunny92441
    bunny92441 Posts: 42
    Options
    You could make a frittata. I make mine with zucchini, mushrooms and onions but, could very well add breakfast sausage. I sprinkle1/3 cup parmesan cheese on top and broil for about 2-3 mins just until the cheese melts and is browned. Very good and healthy.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    how about pancakes? i make regular buttermilk pancakes (like this recipe http://www.joyofbaking.com/breakfast/ButtermilkPancakes.html). i substitute some of the flour for rolled or quick oats, and usually some almond meal. so let's say , if it calls for one cup of flour, i use 1/2 flour, 1/4 almond meal and 1/4 oats or 1/2 flour and 1/2 oats. if you use oats, make sure to let it sit in the fridge overnight. TIP: cook on medium not high, and don't flip them before they are ready , because that will cause them to deflate. don't worry if the first one doesn't come out right. in fact, i usually double the recipe - they freeze beautifully
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
    nice guys! Thanks for the ideas
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Faker quiches are delicious, easy, and simple to modify for macros/calories:

Start with a frozen pie crust, or make your own if you're feeling fancy. Crack six eggs or measure out the equivalent in whites; add a splash of heavy cream or skim milk or whatever liquid dairy you prefer. Fold in veggies and savories of your choice -- I like bacon bits, sliced black olives, very strong onion, extra sharp cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, spinach or beet greens, plenty of white pepper, and salt. You can put literally anything in, though; broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, shredded chicken, crumbled sausage, nutmeg and cardamom for a more upscale flavor... Anyway, pour the egg/veggies mixture into the pie crust and (IIFYM, of course) grate a little more of whatever cheese you used on top. Wrap the edges of the crust with a little strip of foil and put the whole thing in the oven at 375F until the eggs are set all the way through.
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    This is very good.I use 1/2 eggs,1/2 egg whites & regular milk.Can add sauteed mushrooms,onion,diced peppers etc.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Bacon-Egg-and-Cheese-Strata/Detail.aspx
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    yumm... these sound amazing :) Sorry OP I'm no help, just here to save the ideas!
  • RGGypsy
    RGGypsy Posts: 1
    Options
    I find a lot of recipes on www.Kraftkitchen.com
    Its pretty awesome because it creates a shopping list for you so you dont overspend (like me) on other things that are NOT on the list.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I recently got a crepe style pancake recipe that is super easy. 2 eggs and a ripe banana. Mash the banana up really well then scramble the eggs into the mashed banana. It will make a batter. Cook it like you would regular pancakes. Using a large Banana this recipe has 261 calories and 31 carbs. If you have the extra calories put a 1/2 tablespoon of cream cheese (light, I do not recommend fat free) in the center of the pancake and spread in a line. Then put some fresh fruit (I use blueberries or raspberries) which are very low cal, roll it up and you have a pretty tasty healthy crepe.
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
    this made me really hungry :) but thanks for the amazing ideas
  • franinfl1973
    franinfl1973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    on fb there's a page called coach calorie. they have recipes there too. healthy and low fat . but good :)
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas. Thanks!
  • MommaSherryB
    MommaSherryB Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The frittata is great. I also add Turkey sausage
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Apricot muffins, a good slathering of jam or butter. Good to go.

170g dried apricots, chopped
    170g your favourite unsweetened muesli
    250g self-raising flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    250ml unsweetened apple juice
    3 tbsp oil (coconut oil is great)
    100ml honey
    1 large egg

Preheat your oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5 and line a 12-hole muffin pan with 12 muffin paper cases.

Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl, and the wet ingredients together in another bowl. Fold one into the other until it's just all mixed. Spoon the mix into the paper cases and bake for around 20 minutes. Keep an eye on it, because ovens vary, and if you overbake they'll be pretty dry (but that's nothing a bit of apricot or damson jam can't fix).

They store for about 3 days in an airtight container.