C25K

Options
2»

Replies

• runner_girl83
    runner_girl83 Posts: 553 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I started the c25k program but ended up just upping my distance on my own. Ran my first 5k race last Saturday.....If i, as a 41 year old woman with crappy ankles can do it, you can do it!

I started out on Day 1 this morning.. I did it fine.. But I found all the stopping and starting actually put too much stress on my leg (I am getting over an injury).. At the end of it I just ran 2km on my own and my legs were fine. I think all of the stopping/starting wasn't that great for me.
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I had previously completed the c25k program using the Active app but always wanted to try out the Zombies, Run! app. I had an Amazon Fire phone and the Zombies, Run! app was not in the Amazon app store, so I couldn't install it. Now that I've gone back to an android phone, it was one of the first things I installed. I think I'm on week 5 but not really sure. Either way, it makes jogging a bit more bearable.
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 6 starting week 7 on monday. Great program
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2. I try to do it early morning but don;t always get up early enough before work. I could use some support and motivation!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm a 53 year old woman with psoriatic arthritis, and if I can jog my way through the 20 minutes of week 5, day 3 -- anyone can! I'll be starting week 6 this coming week.

I move at a glacial pace, but I don't care. That's pretty much what my doctor recommended. I'm sure my speed will pick up with time.