I think it's time for my own Success Story with 20lbs down!

Options
vespiquenn
vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
edited August 2015 in Success Stories
This is really nerve-racking for me to post, but I figured I finally deserve a chance to share despite my mind saying otherwise. I am still in progress, but this is my first big success after 67 consecutive days of logging.

Well, to put this in perspective, I come from years worth of disordered eating. I was able to keep it secret aside from my ex-fiance. This started sometime in 8th grade, and followed me through college. I would never actually achieve goals because of vicious cycles of binging, purging, and fasting. I constantly felt terrible at my inability to meet goals.

30lz4wl.jpg

Fast forward a year or two, and I am doing great. I haven't purged in over a year and haven't fasted for dietary reasons for longer. However, I am just starting my first year of teaching and the stress packed on the pounds. At 5'9", I hit 175lbs for the second time in my life by January 2015, which made me feel terrible. To top everything else off with the stress, I was having digestive issues that were calling for looks into Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis. I made changes to my diet, bought a FitBit Charge Hr, and haven't looked back since.

I have lost just shy of 20lbs with 19.2lbs down. So I am sitting at about 154-155lbs at the moment. It isn't much compared to the amazing transformations on here, but I am finally letting my disordered mind see a positive difference. Being a Wisconsin girl and surrounded by fried food and beer at all times, I am pretty happy with my progress, especially mentally. I still am aiming for 140lbs, and will reevaluate when I get there.

Feel free to add me for motivation and support. We are all in this together!

2vb271g.jpgxfosi8.jpg

Replies

• hhodges757
    hhodges757 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • vespiquenn
    Options
    hhodges757 wrote: »
    Awesome job!

Thank you! :)
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You look great, and way to aspire to healthy eating habits. I hope all these changes help your digestive system!
  • vespiquenn
    Options
    cahf wrote: »
    You look great, and way to aspire to healthy eating habits. I hope all these changes help your digestive system!

Thank you. :smile: And it has for the most part. Some flare ups here and there but nothing compared to before.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done lass. Very often conquering one's own mind is both the biggest challenge and the biggest accomplishment.
  • vespiquenn
    Options
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Well done lass. Very often conquering one's own mind is both the biggest challenge and the biggest accomplishment.

Thank you! :smile: Overcoming and recovering from a lifetime of negative thinking is probably the biggest accomplishment I have encountered. It's still a work in progress, but it'll be there.
  • fitotrim
    fitotrim Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am a retired teacher. It's a stressful job, although rewarding. Hang in there
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Good job !
  • bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!