My many picture progression from 285 to 200.

Options
brdnw
brdnw Posts: 565 Member
I try to take routine photos whenever i've lost a fair amount of weight or if a fair amount of time has passed. In this case, it's been a while since i've updated my progression and i routinely do it to keep myself focused on moving foward and i just thought i'd toss it on here too incase it movtivates anyone.

20600557265_045a0f00f3_o.png

Replies

• 150FNG
    150FNG Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What kind of lifting routine did you use? A more body building style or strength/powerlifting style? You look great man
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    super work!
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • doointhis4me
    doointhis4me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great job :)
  • brdnw
    Options
    Mavolence wrote: »
    What kind of lifting routine did you use? A more body building style or strength/powerlifting style? You look great man

i've always done like 2-5 reps of heavy weight and many sets. Just recently (last 6 weeks) i've been doing a more body building routine with 8-12 reps
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Well done sir. Well. Done. *standing ovation*
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • johnguitarman
    johnguitarman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I started at 285 also and my goal is around 200 as well. What is your diet like? DO you take any supplements? What are your macros like? Congrats.
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Sinnister78
    Sinnister78 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Same starting body type as me and I NEED to get to your current weight/physique.
  • EvangeliaKostakis
    EvangeliaKostakis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    wow, looking good
  • brdnw
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Fantastic! I started at 285 also and my goal is around 200 as well. What is your diet like? DO you take any supplements? What are your macros like? Congrats.

for my diet: lunch/dinners: chicken, salmon and 99% lean ground turkey are the base of my proteins and i just eat it with brown rice and/or a vegetable (so like sweet potatos, broccolli (we put them in the oven with a little oil and it's delicoius), cauliflower version of mashed potatos, just really any sort of vegetables receipes we can find that are healthy), i rarely ever eat anything that comes out of the microwave and for the most part only shop in the deli and vegetable/fruit areas.

when i wake up i take 2 scoops of protein and then for breakfast i typically eat like 1 or 2 bananas every morning and then instant oatmeal when i get to work.

I try to get 1g of protein for each lb of lean mass i have...which to me is about 180-190'ish.

supplements: i take a multivitamin every day, for preworkout i use cellucor's C4 and i also take cellucore's no3, and I take creatine and i get 4 scoops of whey protein daily (2x in the morning and 2x after my workout), sometimes if i workout multiple times or do extensive cardio, i'll take in more protein (or a bcaa while like cycling).

so for my macros, i don't really follow specific numbers aside for trying to be concious of my protein intake, i don't pay attention to fat at all (but i don't ever eat like chips/cookies or anything remotely like that...i do still go out to dinner and eat less ideal food, i just keep it to a minimum), as for carbs i just try to limit my carb intake as much as i can but am usually probably between 100g-150 daily. @johnguitarman
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Lookin damn good! lol Congratulations on all your hard earned physique!
  • Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Hot!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Really well done.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    ZOW_ZA
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!