eating between 200-500 calories

Options

Replies

• LarDoucheLar
    LarDoucheLar Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I had norovirus, i couldn't eat for 2-3days and it was honestly hell. I did lose weight but it didn't stop me trying to eat but when i did i'd bring it back up so try get the person to eat as much as possible if not keep her well hydrated.

I lost a few lbs which were soon gained back after it past. Weight gain or loss is the least of her worries right now as no doubt her stomach will be agony.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

Also to all those as far as you claiming it's the OP...... ummmm ONE meal & your dying to scream ED? I know I got told I had a ED when I'd only logged one meal so far that day....lunch. Sorry but that oes not scream ED when the day beforehand is over 1400 cals for the whole day.

FFS....some people are just racing to the ED decision.

No, her PROFILE SAYS SHE HAS ED. Sheesh, who is it assuming *kitten* now?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Wait she has a tummy bug & most of you are saying she is going to pass out? Hello but a tummy bug usually means you cant keep anything down anyway & therefore MAKING a person eat is not going to be great for the person.

Shame on some of you. Eating is most likely the LAST thing this 'friend' can do without vomiting it all back up right away & making it very unpleasant.

Shame on the OP as well... seriously. Being sick & all you can think of is her stomach shrinking?????? Huh?

Ummm if you read the OP's profile she has an ED and her "friend" is most likely her....that is why everyone is telling her "friend" to eat more...Maybe you should read some of the posts before you blast everyone..

I actually read the posts..... why do you think I said shame one some of you? Really. As for your comment "and her "friend" is most likely her." then well MOST LIKELY is not proof it is.

Perhaps before you jump the gun...prove it.

Also to all those as far as you claiming it's the OP...... ummmm ONE meal & your dying to scream ED? I know I got told I had a ED when I'd only logged one meal so far that day....lunch. Sorry but that oes not scream ED when the day beforehand is over 1400 cals for the whole day.

Her profile says "I have a eating disorder..." Case Proved and closed...

The OP's diary is not public so there is no way to see what she has been eating..unless you are referring to your diary..??
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Wait she has a tummy bug & most of you are saying she is going to pass out? Hello but a tummy bug usually means you cant keep anything down anyway & therefore MAKING a person eat is not going to be great for the person.

Shame on some of you. Eating is most likely the LAST thing this 'friend' can do without vomiting it all back up right away & making it very unpleasant.

Shame on the OP as well... seriously. Being sick & all you can think of is her stomach shrinking?????? Huh?

Ummm if you read the OP's profile she has an ED and her "friend" is most likely her....that is why everyone is telling her "friend" to eat more...Maybe you should read some of the posts before you blast everyone..

I actually read the posts..... why do you think I said shame one some of you? Really. As for your comment "and her "friend" is most likely her." then well MOST LIKELY is not proof it is.

Her profile says "i have an eating disorder and i go through pain everyday." Not much racing needed in this case.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

Her profile says "i have an eating disorder and i go through pain everyday." Not much racing needed in this case.

And then if you ha seen the diary before it was locked.... well let me say...she eats more than I do & I don't have an ED. Enough said.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

Her profile says "I have a eating disorder..." Case Proved and closed...

The OP's diary is not public so there is no way to see what she has been eating..unless you are referring to your diary..??

It was public till everyone commented on it. Perhaps if people had seen more than just the last day.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    have no advice to offer...that hasn't already been given...
  • Maddie_Price
    Options
    sip water, get rehydration salts. When feeling up to it start eating bland food and avoid dairy as it can create bacteria. anything lost while sick will come back once eating properly and most will be dehydration.

It's not supposed to be for rehydration but I find it helps give me energy when I'm sick- Lucozade. Also ice lollies are good because they cool your tummy and you have to eat them slowly so it's like sipping a sugary drink!
  • KevinMassine
    Options
    I Love that we can all become monkeys and thow *kitten* at eachother in these posts **grabbing popcorn and junkfood for the show** :laugh:
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Are you talking about your friend or yourself?
  • Achrya
    Options

And then if you ha seen the diary before it was locked.... well let me say...she eats more than I do & I don't have an ED. Enough said.

So the op says in her profile she has an ED and you don't believe that but her diary shows her 1400 calories the day before and you choose to believe that. So the OP lies in her profile but logs accurately?

She also isnt perhaps having binge days followex by low days/normal days followed by low days? She couldn't be in recovery with slip ups? It is more likely to you that a girl claiming an ED is lying, logs accurately, and happens to have a sick friend eating 500 calories right now? Oh, and is more worried about said friend's weight than health.
  • caprde74
    caprde74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

So the op says in her profile she has an ED and you don't believe that but her diary shows her 1400 calories the day before and you choose to believe that. So the OP lies in her profile but logs accurately?

She also isnt perhaps having binge days followex by low days/normal days followed by low days? She couldn't be in recovery with slip ups? It is more likely to you that a girl claiming an ED is lying, logs accurately, and happens to have a sick friend eating 500 calories right now?

It was more than one day I'd seen. The OP had logged LUNCH so far on her diary & that was all people had looked at.... it was 196 cals so far eaten BY lunch time. I eat 140 for lunch on sushi days.... does that mean by lunchtime I have an ED as well????? Bloody hell.
  • Achrya
    Options

She also isnt perhaps having binge days followex by low days/normal days followed by low days? She couldn't be in recovery with slip ups? It is more likely to you that a girl claiming an ED is lying, logs accurately, and happens to have a sick friend eating 500 calories right now?

It was more than one day I'd seen. The OP had logged LUNCH so far on her diary & that was all people had looked at.... it was 196 cals so far eaten BY lunch time. I eat 140 for lunch on sushi days.... does that mean by lunchtime I have an ED as well????? Bloody hell.

So you do believe the OP is a liar in her profile but accurate in her diary?
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You need Oxo Pobs! My mum used to make me this when i had tummy troubles lol, its basically just one oxo cube broth with chunks of bread in it. Its not exactly top quality but it does the trick and gives you a little energy so you dont feel as weak.

On another note, dont let some people's reactions to your post upset you. An eating disorder is a continuing mental battle, hopefully one you are winning. I understand the constant obsession with calories and you certainly dont need anyone on here telling you what you are doing is wrong, you know that already. We all need support, thats why we are here :) x
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    im worried she'll lose weight because she is trying to gain instead and i dont want her belly to shrink

If 'she' does this for any length of time the belly won't shrink it will get distended. Think National Geographic pics of starving children...
  • Maddie_Price
    Options
    Away from the reactions to the post- saw someone mention toast and honey- if you can manage to find it manuka honey is really good... when I had a bug I had it mixed with hot water, it settles your stomach and gives you a bit of a boost xx
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options

The OP states she has an ED, plain as day.No one is talking about YOU. Like others have pointed out, I think it's odd she is more worried about her "friend's weight" than her "friend's" well being. I think she is talking about herself. And if it's true, what she is doing is dangerous. She could die.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

So you do believe the OP is a liar in her profile but accurate in her diary?

So you think shes lying in her diary, truthful in her profile & then lying on this post as well? There is nothing to say EVERYONE on here is the same then. I give up.... just as bad.
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

Just stop, seriously, I dont see how this is helping in any way.

If this girl does have an ED then of course her log will show a good amount of calories eaten, that doesn't mean it actually happened though. Thats no reflection on her, its just the very nature of the disorder, they dont want anyone to know what they are actually eating.
This discussion has been closed.