Now Taking Sign Ups For Fear the Walking Dead Fitness Challenge. Starts Monday August 24th

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
Love zombies? Ready for a six week fitness challenge that will motivate you to meet your own goals?  Join the Fear the Walking Dead Fitness Challenge.
Sign ups start now. Challenge starts Monday August 24th after the pilot episode of Fear the Walking Dead.

Your goal as a Living Player is to stay alive through the course of the challenge.

If you choose the Walker Horde at the outset, your goal will be to take down as many of the living as you can and bring them onto your team.

Get started:

1. Choose a team:
Teachers.
First Responders.
Teens.
Zombie Horde

2.Choose three weekly goals that you are challenging yourself to complete over six weeks.

For example, your goals may be  to stay within your calories 6/7 days,
weight train for 30 minutes 3 days a week and do 30 minutes of cardio 6/7 days. Other goals might be to lose 1 lb a week or walk/Jog certain distance or number of steps. Your goals, your decision.

Keep your three goals challenging but not impossible. Not only will you be expected to always meet your goals, there will also be zombie attacks/challenges that you must survive/complete.

If you fail your goals or an attack in any given week, you will zombified and become a member of the horde for the rest of the challenge. There are no second chances. This is the apocalypse. 

As mentioned, you may also join the horde at the outset of the challenge. Like the other teams, you will also choose your own three goals but will not be penalized if you don't always complete them. However, the strongest horde members will get to decide on the method of attacks and who the victim(s)/team (s) will be. The stronger and larger the horde gets, the more devastating their attacks will become.

3. Once you have chosen a team, introduce yourself and state your three goals on the Meat and Greet thread for that team.

4. Every Saturday before Midnight Central (starting on Saturday August 29th) you will go to your team's Gore Card and brag about your successes or admit that you must go join the Horde. A members list will be updated weekly of who is where.  If you do not check in at all you will go to the Missing and Presumed Eaten list. If you DO ever need to take a break from the challenge, you may do so, just let your team leader know. 

5. Each week, the most badass Horde members will decide who will be attacked, and how, in the coming week. They will likely be influenced on what happened on the show Sunday night and on any weaknesses they see in the other teams. Each Monday those attacks will be communicated to the other teams and they must deal with it within that week.

Here's the group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/108132-fear-the-walking-dead-fitness-challenge

Replies

• sheliaeverettwhite
    Options
    Hey I'm so hyped can't wait to drop a few dress sizes unfortunately they have my start weight incorrect as 201 when it was actually 204
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Go to Home, Check in and Edit old entries. You should be able to change your start weight. And welcome to the challenge. :smiley:
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    8 days until we start. Sign ups are open now.
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Signed up! Love you Cindy and appreciate your Walking Dead challenges. I am totally stoked!!!! I'm in the teacher group. Come on teachers!! :D
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    One week and counting!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so in on this.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • vettim16
    vettim16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!
  • Jessica9645
    Jessica9645 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im not sure which team to join.i am not a teacher, a first responder, or a teen. But I really want to do this challenge. Advise please?
  • Cindyinpg
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The teams reflect the character's occupations in the show. Apparently the main characters are teachers with teen children and also a lot of the show will focus on First Responders. So far the First Responders are the biggest team, so if you're looking for more support that might be a good choice. But smaller teams might also be stronger and more tight knit and will lose less players as the challenge progresses.

The best thing to do is read through the threads and choose the one you feel will be most welcoming.
  • Jessica9645
    Jessica9645 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I joined the teachers! Cant wait to get started and to see the show!
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    You had me at Fear the Walking Dead!! Can't wait to see what happens
  • karliebethell
    karliebethell Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm definitely going to join the Zombie Horde! Look out!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    This is the best fitness challenge I've ever seen on here. Awesome.
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sign me up please :)
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    In! Sounds like fun. Thanks so much Cindy and our other leaders for getting this going!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I want in
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    so what are these horde attacks/challenges?