Help!

I'm sure this has already been posted but I could not find a thread. I have MyfitnessPal and Map My Walk- both say they are synced however my walks are not being updated into MyFitnessPal at all, still says 0 exercise and no status updates have been posted. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Bernice439
    Bernice439 Posts: 4 Member
    Help! When I first set up My Fitness Pal, the macros were automatically uploaded based on my weight, height, age and activity level. I lost 2-1/2 lbs. the first week. I was so happy & encouraged, so I began to work hater at the gym, increasing my cardio time and my strength workouts. I maintained my caloric intake or ate less calories than suggested. Unbelievably the following week I gained 2 lbs! Why??? I was so disappointed!
  • Bernice439
    Bernice439 Posts: 4 Member
    Work harder (not hater)
  • Summer71787
    Summer71787 Posts: 7 Member
    I cant find help anywhere online. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • lindaferguson55
    lindaferguson55 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm sure this has already been posted but I could not find a thread. I have MyfitnessPal and Map My Walk- both say they are synced however my walks are not being updated into MyFitnessPal at all, still says 0 exercise and no status updates have been posted. What am I doing wrong?

I have the same problem with my Fitbit not logging steps I've taken even though it is linked to MyfitnessPal.
    Any ideas anyone?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Maybe check if the FitBit is not adding if your exercise is set to moderate or higher. That is, you are not exercising more than expected.

A temporary weight gain of a pound or two may happen after increasing exercise. This is not fat gain.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited August 2015
    I cant find help anywhere online. Is anyone else having this issue?

@Summer71787 MFP has been having a lot of syncing problems lately, including Polar, MapMy, and Fitbit. But so far they've only acknowledged the Polar problem.

The announcements are in the Help section. There's a link at the top right of every page: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/topics/799774-announcements-from-our-tech-team/articles

The Polar one just says they're working on the problem—it doesn't offer any workarounds. Sometimes disconnecting & reconnecting your accounts can force a sync. But other times it just moves you to the back of the queue.
  • zombiemusicgirl
    zombiemusicgirl Posts: 98 Member
    I had problems occasionally with the fitbit syncing with MFP. Sometimes it wouldn't sync till the end of the day. It can be a bit glitchy, but give it a little time to send the info to the app. If it doesn't work then maybe email tech support at fitbit.

On another note, I found that fitbit way overestimated my calorie expenditure and I have since un-paired it with my MFP app. I just manually log my (intentional) workouts for the day. It was giving me 2600-2800 calories each day, and I was definitely gaining weight. (I'm a very give me and inch and I'll take a mile person). Not everyone has that experience, but I thought I would let you know. It's a great tool for motivation - enjoy!