Scale wont budge

Options
Fellow Fitness Pals
I have been religious about staying within my 1500 calories a day. II have been walking 4 miles almost every other day at a 15 min/mile clip. I have removed all refined sugar and white flour, potatoes, pasta etc. I only eat chicken, turkey or fish. The list goes on.. but the scale wont move. It did for about 4 weeks, going from 245-230 but for a week it has not moved and even has read as high as 231.5'
Any thoughts.. its frustrating

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Do you use a scale to weigh your food portions? If not, that would be the first place to start.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Do you use a scale to weigh your food portions? If not, that would be the first place to start.

This.

Just because you're eating only turkey, chicken and fish (and have seemingly cut out everything enjoyable from your diet :wink: ) doesn't mean that you'll lose weight. It's how much you're eating that matters for weight loss.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week. Be patient, weight loss isn't linear.
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. I have stalled up to 6 weeks, only to have a watershed moment where the scale says i dropped 5+ lbs. in between readings. Water retention had/has a lot to do with it, be more mindful of your sodium intake.

If you continue exercising like you have been, you need to eat more. 1500 is metabolic minimum for a male that is sedentary. fuel your workouts.

Wait it out for a month, and see what happens. If you feel you need to, double check and tighten up on your logging/accuracy.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Options
    mas518 wrote: »
    It did for about 4 weeks, going from 245-230 but for a week it has not moved and even has read as high as 231.5'
    Any thoughts.. its frustrating

It has only been a week.
    Weight fluctuations are normal.
    Be patient.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

• Marionjehra
    Marionjehra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a multi vitamin? Maybe your body isn't getting the essential vitamins and minerals it needs to let some of the extra fat go....?
    Good luck!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a multi vitamin? Maybe your body isn't getting the essential vitamins and minerals it needs to let some of the extra fat go....?
    Good luck!

If all it took was multi then MFP wouldn't exist. To the OP, patience is key. Keep doing what you are doing, you'll get there :)
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
    W. T. A. F.