Get a Dog

Options
If you need motivation to exercise get a dog, I got a puppy in April, needed motivation to walk and he's helped alot. been using my fitness Pal for the last 3 weeks steady and dropped 12 pounds. A dog can give you motivation to walk if you don't really want to.

Replies

• pussycatdoll21
    pussycatdoll21 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is true!
    I don't have a dog right now but i used to walk my baby a lot ❤️
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    terrible post! dogs are a serious commitment, to be acquired only after proper consideration and planning. shelters are full of pups bought by some bozo why thought it would fix their health, relationship, security issues, etc.

• glovepuppet
    Options
    Y so srs. Pretty sure he's just saying that getting a dog has led to him being more active because dogs love to be walked.
    been to a shelter recently? that's why.

• glovepuppet
    Options
    Y so srs. Pretty sure he's just saying that getting a dog has led to him being more active because dogs love to be walked.
    been to a shelter recently? that's why.

Why yes, yes I have.

then you'll know that the world is full of idiots who will read that post and take it as what he said, not what you think he meant. and the shelters are full of their victims.

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Glad a puppy helps you, OP. Pets are out of my budget.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I got my dog for exactly the same reason @UltimateRBF. Turns out she's the best physiotherapist I've ever had! She's also the first of her breed to qualify as an Assistance Dog in the UK ::proudmum::

kpzi0xmjelnt.jpg

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Erm, I bought a fitbit for motivation to walk more; not a living creature.
  • glovepuppet
    Options
    ohmscheeks wrote: »
    Erm, I bought a fitbit for motivation to walk more; not a living creature.

*like*
  • Spike_G
    Spike_G Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    danequin wrote: »
    If you need motivation to exercise get a dog.

Ridiculous reason to get a dog.

Getting a dog is a commitment not a fitness accessory.
    I wholeheartedly agree with glovepuppet.

• Spike_G
    Options
    I think your zeal is admirable however misplaced in this case.
    I got my dog because I was lonely and wanted something to take care of. Guess I'm an idiot also.

And that is a good reason to get a dog or indeed any pet.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Some people love dogs because they hate people. Naturally, they think that most people are unworthy of a dog.
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well, why not impregnate someone? Most of the people I know with small children seem to spend a lot of their time running around...probably an even better way to get exercise than a dog!
  • Spike_G
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Some people love dogs because they hate people. Naturally, they think that most people are unworthy of a dog.

No. Most of us who love dogs want them to go to loving homes and not be a fashion or fitness accessory :)

Edit. The dog in my avatar is my mothers who has both the time and space to devote to one. I unfortunately do not, so have deferred in giving one a forever home until I can.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have owned many dogs, all of them rescue dogs or strays. I stand by my observation.
  • Spike_G
    Options

Yep.
    That said I love my dog more than most people...so ultimately I'm not sure where I fall on that spectrum :P
    !

Lol B)