Book: Eat by Choice, Not by Habit - if you have looked at it, what did you take away?

Options
Anyone read: Eat by Choice, Not by Habit: Practical Skills for Creating a Healthy Relationship With Your Body and Food

http://smile.amazon.com/Eat-Choice-Not-Habit-Relationship/dp/1892005204/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1439748419&sr=1-1&keywords=eat+by+choice

What did you take away?

Replies

• eric2light
    eric2light Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sometimes food can be used as a strategy to try to fulfill some other need (yet to be discovered). Mindfulness brings choice, a vital need. It’s helpful to connect compassionately with your inner voice(s) (especially your “inner critic”), so you can overcome costly strategies. In the face of demands (both inner- and outer-), we sometimes try to meet our need for autonomy in tragic ways. This presents an opportunity to bring more awareness to your inner dialogue, be best friends with yourself, and embrace better strategies.
  • limegreenlissy
    limegreenlissy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have not read this book. Thanks for making me aware of it. I know that for many years I ate to feel "full" which often was beyond how full anyone should feel. Im no therapist but I know I was trying to compensate for something I am missing. Be that as it may, there comes a point in life that an awakening happens and being aware is of utmost importance. Im going to take this moments at a time and escape all of the old traps of eating I used to fall for.