Back at it again!

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for people to help me keep motivated and to help them as well. I did a 6 month health kick last year and ended up losing 25lbs. Due to work and the winter (ok, due to laziness and excuses) I completely stopped and gained 10 back.

6 weeks ago I started again and just started using this site this week again. I'm extremely motivated at this point (completely changed my eating habits, no more eating out, and have been going to the gym about 6 days a week (cardio on off days). I've lost 18 lbs at this point in 6 weeks (crazy things happen when you eat right and stop eating pizza everyday).

I'm looking to talk with people mostly about nutrition and food, especially if you are a picky eater. I'm an extremely picky eater so sometimes find it hard to find a variety of foods to eat.

Anywho, would love to chat with new people and share ideas and success stories!

Replies

• coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Add me- I struggle for motivation myself, but give it out! As for picky eater, I am following FODMAP diet, It's fairly limited with choice (google) ,and a lot of the alternatives for wheat, gluten and some dairy are very high in sugars, and all the bad fats. x
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    feel free to add me i am just the opposite actually when it comes to food...meaning if its put in front of me i will eat it if I hate it or not ha i think its a military thing IDK
  • Cieliditoscana
    Cieliditoscana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys :) When it comes to picky eating, I know, or think, tha I can eat pretty healthy with what I will eat. I suppose i'm also trying to see how other people cope with food/nutritiion when trying to get healthy. I do worry about my calorie intake, as it seems somewhat low, but i'm never hungry, I do not get light headed at the gym even on weight days.

I think once the pounds are off and i really focus on building muscle, I will need to investigate more. Right now i'm just focusing on cutting out useless carbs, keeping my sodium and bad sugars down, and upping my protein intake.