Calories Burned Tracker?

Options
Hey I'm looking to get something to track my calories I'm burning during my workouts. I've seen the fitbits but are they really worth all that money? Any other suggestion and opinions are much appreciated

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Fitbits calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and sync with MFP. Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun.

I lost the weight & have kept it off thanks to MFP + Fitbit. But you still have to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • ctdebbie
    ctdebbie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started using a Fitbit last week and love it. I have it sync with MFP and Map My Run. The confusing part for me is that the treadmill tells me one number for calories burned when I run, but Map My Run gives me a completely different number. Not sure why.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Getting a fitbit was one of the best things I've done.
    It's motivated me to go from very sedentary to very active.
    Plus it takes the guess work out of the calories out part.
    All in all it has made things so much easier for me.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    ctdebbie wrote: »
    I just started using a Fitbit last week and love it. I have it sync with MFP and Map My Run. The confusing part for me is that the treadmill tells me one number for calories burned when I run, but Map My Run gives me a completely different number. Not sure why.

MFP, exercise equipment, an activity tracker, and a heart-rate monitor will give you four different burns for the same exercise. They're all estimates. The only way to gauge the accuracy is pick one, trust it for several weeks, then reevaluate your progress.

I wasn't losing much weight at all until I got an activity tracker. So I recommend trusting Fitbit's burn rather than MFP's.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm looking to get something to track my calories I'm burning during my workouts. I've seen the fitbits but are they really worth all that money? Any other suggestion and opinions are much appreciated

If you just want to track during workouts, a chest strap sensor are usually a better choice. There are several that use blue tooth so they will work with your phone. I use the Polar H7 sensor with activity monitor, but it will also work with and IOS or android device, but will only sync with MFP with and IOS device. Calorie burns on most accurate when doing steady state cardio.

• larksun18
    larksun18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is there any app thats free for tracking steps walked/and going up and down stairs during the day? Thanks for any help!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    some androids also work with the ant+ heart rate monitors.

I'm saving for my tracker. want so bad. sooooo bad. vivosmart for the win!